Staff Application: Xioen

Xioen

Staff Application: Xioen

Post by Xioen »

BYOND ckey: Xioen
Character name: Jei
Discord username (+user id): Xioen#0339
How long have you played on Citadel?: About Fourteen Months
How long have you played SS13?:Citadel was one of the first servers I started at, so once again, about fourteen months
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:Timezone is EST, and generally I am active about 3-6 hours a day
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: None
Reason for application: To attempt to become a Trial Admin, as I want to be able to be of assistance to the community and server of Citadel, where I spend and generally enjoy most of my free time, though if that is not a valid reason, it would otherwise be me simply feeling like it is something I would like to do.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention. 
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

My response to this situation would vary dependent on information in chat logs, and whether or not player 2 is playing an antagonist role. Should IC lead up to the fight, given a reasonable conflict, or if player 2 was in fact an antagonist for the round, I would generally leave the situation alone, and if ahelped, would mark it as an IC issue, on the other hand, if player 2 began this fight with little IC reason, i.e. from a minor argument, I would message both players to ask about the situation, should I receive sufficient information that proved player 2 to be merely griefing, I would send him a message to request them not to continue with similar actions in the future, then monitor their behavior further until it either improves to an amount to be satisfactory, or declines, in which case, I would, if such case causes for it, would temporarily ban player 2, or remove player 2 from the round.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?

This type of situation in my opinion should generally be left up to security staff to deal with ICly, if the player is caught, and explained to in IC what they did wrong, yet still continues with player complaining about it due to the player using the tools to sabotage, harm, etc., I would then message them to request they stop, and if such actions would continue after the warning without valid reason (i.e. becoming an antagonist would be valid reason), will be removed from the round, and future rounds where they are caught doing so without reason.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

As this situation can vary with details, I would first request why player 1 built the mech and allowed the other player to pilot it, should player 1 and 2 be antags, I would do no action to stop it, as it may have been a method of completing their goals, however, if this was a case of neither being antagonists, both would be met with a warning, and if such activity was to occur once again with either not being antagonists, the scientist would receive a job ban, and both would be removed from the round.
Last edited by Xioen on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay

RE: Staff Application: Xioen

Post by Jay »

I'll keep you in mind.

Kenzie

RE: Staff Application: Xioen

Post by Kenzie »

accepted
ex-headmin