Sylas' Staff App

Sylas

Sylas' Staff App

Post by Sylas »

BYOND ckey: Jade Manique

Character name: Sylas Ahura, Jericho Serathorn, Celoxoc Xiocoatl, Shah-Shahvee/Gagglesnork, Hephaestus, Liam Flores (I have a problem ;v ;)

Discord username (+user id): Sylas#5802

How long have you played on Citadel?: About four months.

How long have you played SS13?: I started with citadel, so, about four months.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CST, 10pm-6am. Im a severe night owl, ahah.

Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: up until about a year and a half ago, I'd been staffing constantly since 2012, it'd been a bulk of my gaming experience. I'm not sure a full, detailed 'resume' of staffing experience is what's wanted, but I'd spent most of the time staffing for minecraft and garry's mod, both of which were oriented around roleplay servers and gamemodes.

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Raeschen and subtumaka

Reason for application: I'd been giving this some thought for a couple of weeks now, the whole applying bit. I enjoy this game, and this server a ton, and I feel this is the best way I can try to contribute to citadel. Im no coder, and Im not incredibly creative, so event planner isnt something I'd be good at if I ever applied for it. Im not applying to dish out punishment to people, Im applying because I've got a handle on the game and server's rules, and I want to help out by teaching them to people and helping to keep them enforced.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.

You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed? 
There are are a handful of reasons that are possible, here. I'd first ask player 2 his reasoning for the confrontation, and reflect on this information whilst checking through previous logs from either parties to see if this was properly escalated.
I'd say, frankly, due to being the victim, Player 1 was justified in leaving and healing up, so long as Player 2 was in position to be recovered quickly, or they at least were gone back for.
If the escalation wasnt legitimate, and it was just a random scuffle, I'd make sure Player 2 wasnt an antag before noting them and warning them through PMs.
If it was properly escalated, I'd peg it as an IC issue.
If player 1 didnt go back for Player 2, and/or hid him to let him die, player 1 would be noted and I'd tell them to correct the error, due to improper escalation.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?
I'm refraining from using the rules as a cheat sheet- But as far as Im aware, breaking into these areas isn't necessarily against the rules, unless things are stolen for a personal advantage.
First, I'd check their antag status, if they are, I'd leave things be.
If they're stealing indiscriminately and not antag, I'd note them, let other online staff know, and continue to watch them.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?
Another situation that has a few possible circumstances.
If the station was under attack by, say, nukies, mutated vines, blob, I'd observe them while theyre using it. If theyre using it to take care of the threat, I'd be lenient on the possession itself, and not question player 1. I'd then check logs between player 2 and the security, and if sec threw the first lethal shot, I'd question the sec, and note them for it, considering mechs can be EMPed. If player 2 attacked without warning, I'd check their antag status, if theyre not antag, I'd note or ban them, depending on the joint circumstance.
In the instance of player 2 killing indiscriminately, I'd question player 1 why they gave their friend a mech, and note them for metabuddying if they had no good reason for the mech, were not antag themself, and player 2 was not antag and attempted murder without proper escalation.
Last edited by Sylas on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raeschen

RE: Sylas' Staff App

Post by Raeschen »

Sylas seems like they'd be pretty gewd from what i know of them - and i feel like i know them pretty well.

Not many notes, pretty high activity, and the times they've ahelped they've been pretty calm about it and respectful.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

I believe I've run into a couple of your IC characters and you've always been well behaved. You have prior admin experience so you shouldn't take too long to learn the ropes. I'd say give em the trial mod and see how do. The app isn't anything particularly amazing but we can only hear the answers to these same questions so many times and what you don't know I'm sure you'll easily pick up.

+2

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

i don't really like your answers the scenarios but it's not particularly equitable to judge you on them since i usually don't even read them at all, i guess we'll see how you do
ex-headmin