AtRealDonaldTrump's Moderator Application

Cabbose

AtRealDonaldTrump's Moderator Application

Post by Cabbose »

BYOND ckey: AtRealDonaldTrump
Character name:Jojo Nework/DIO
Discord username (+user id):EVILTINYRICK#4766
How long have you played on Citadel?:Give or take 8-9 months?
How long have you played SS13?:Since 2011-12
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:Late Night EST 9PM-2AM
Previous SS13 related admin experience:I currently serve as an administrator for Yogstation (Check it not mod baybee), servicing a server population ranging from 40-100 with about 60-70 being the average pop, very often solo as the American staffmember on a European server.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:I’ve been head of a couple of my sports teams as well as Varsity Captain, winning the Team Spirit award on a team of 200+ people for exceptional ability to coordiance and work with a team. Currently serve in the USAF, which is a big team in itself as well.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: I haven’t bothered, my experience and application speaks for itself.

Reason for application:
I used to care a lot for Citadel, and for some reason still find myself doing so. I could easily take some time out of my adminning now to help out when the current staff is unavailable or taxed. I’m only a discord ping away. I still have plenty of friends that frequent the server and being able to help out for em and other players would be cool. I can also cross-compare the notes for potential troublemakers over different servers to look for patterns.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

There’s a fine line between IC escalation and shitter behavior here. Depending on their say logs, note history and how the station as a whole is operating there could be several different conclusions, ranging from it being valid IC escalation to a ban if this is representative of repeated warned behavior. More so if player 1 has left player 2 somewhere they can’t be found. More context is required to answer this definitively. What was said? How vitriolic was it? Are one of them or both of them antags? If I DO drop the bwoink, how do they behave in tickets? What does check contents tell me? Are they shitty greytiders that just threw some slurs and then punched each other, or are they co-workers or otherwise that are RP’ing some real business between the two? In whatever flavor of this scenario, VV the suckers, PP to the notes and use discretion to go from there. Could end up being valid or a note/ban for player 2 for improper IC, but much more likely valid RP.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?

Sounds like a ban evader or a CID randomizer. I’d check the IP to see if there’s anyone we’ve had in the past, as well as comparing the ckey against Yogs’ database to see if we’ve already had to deal with them. The BIG red flag is zero communication, they could easily be metacomming with someone else on station. I’d go and check Toxins, Atmos and other griefy areas to see if there just “happens” to be “brand new” ckeys who somehow know exactly what they’re doing. Depending on how busy the round is (Do I have 5 other ahelps I’m dealing with at the time, or is this a quiet round?) I would continue to observe and note any more behavior and if it got to the point they were stealing high value items or started griefing players, a ban could easily be in order just to see if they bother to appeal it on the forums. Again, the BIG red flag is saying nothing to anybody. That’s almost always a troublemaker. If they’re an antag it’s less concerning but still enough to keep watching them. At best they’re unfamiliar with the rules and likely to break them, and at worst they’re a powergriefier feeling out the waters before they flood plasma.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

Why are they building a combat mech? Why did they allow an assistant to take it? Has the station gone to shit? Are they antags? If they didn’t ask the chain of command for permission, that’s some metabuddy action. I’d check their say logs and see if they’ve actually been saying things to each other. If not, likely they’re chatting in a discord somewhere. Even if the say checks out, the fact that player 2 decided it was kosher to open up on Security over control of a mech they have no business operating without approval from command is a no-no and is a note and easily a ban if they have a history of being a shitter. Player 1 would also get a bwoink asking why they thought they could let their pal have a death machine.

Also, as I believe these would be relevant to my experience as an admin being valid.

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php ... ion.14721/My promotion application, unanimous approval.

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php ... ion.14585/My initial application, unanimous approval.

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php ... ump.15010/My negative feedback thread.

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php ... ost-135652My positive feedback thread.

I have thousands of hours logged as an administrator, and not a single strike or complaint. I answered 40 ahelps while I was writing this application during rounds with a population of 60-70 while a solo admin.
XOXO -Jojo

Edit: I welcome any further dialing down of my answers to questions. Wanted to keep it short and sweet because we've been through this shit and I don't want to waste anyone's time.
Last edited by Cabbose on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekoro

RE: AtRealDonaldTrump's Moderator Application

Post by Tekoro »

Personally, you're an idiot. But the good kind of idiot that actually doesn't mean harm. I know you care about Citadel, even though you probably stopped playing for a long period of time in which you went and got yourself Admin'd on Yog in less than a month, which goes to show how a potential staff member you could be. If you're willing to put time and effort, you'd make a great staffer. Just lay low with the memes. [Also, on Cit John is the CC Liaison not Jeff].
But yeah, your admin record on Yog is good. Might be a different server, but I don't see why you'd be a bad mod here even.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Well duh Jeff wouldn't work in this sector, there's different laws. This station even lets non-humans be heads. I did leave for awhile. It was really disheartening to put my all into showing how good I could be and not have it noticed by the staff. But, I earned that.

I'd like to think that empirical evidence shows I'm sincere and just because I'm not your usual personality doesn't mean I can't be friendly.

Neri

Post by Neri »

I'll +1 this. Can't be worse than what we already have and probably would be better in all honesty.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

From what I've seen of you on THIS server, I can't say that I'm confident that you'd be a good staff member. The multiple silicon bans are what irks me. You, after even multiple warnings, decided to continue acting up as an AI/Cyborg. Additionally, you have in the past given all access to the clown as Captain on secret.

These behaviours show that you have little understanding of how our rules and guidelines work.

And, to be frankly, I agree with Ronesha. You're kind of an idiot.
Awoo

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

I was voted best sillicon during our server's people's choice awards. BEFORE I made staff. I clearly took what I learned about how I should play to heart. Is reading off some old notes the best you can do? When I have dozens of votes as a staff member to the tune of "
You'd make a great admin. You're active, always communicate, and you're one of the most helpful players I know on the server."
OR
"Your attitude towards adminning is great, you're on a lot, you know what you're doing and always ask when you don't. No reason not to give you admin."
OR
"Nothing really needs to be said, you've been a stellar mod."

Did you even read any of the links I put down? Behavior of mine as a staff member that's far more rigorously scrutinized? You don't know me. You never tried to.

And over 100's of rounds as Captain you cite one "gave clown access"?

This is really weak Cebu, and I may be an idiot, but at least I care enough about players to think beyond my preconceptions.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

I don't care about any of the links you posted, I care about what happened on THIS server. And as far as I'm aware, there was never an official "People's choice awards" for this server. And, yes, of course I read the notes of someone applying to be an admin, because I'd like to know more about them and their history. Is that really so far fetched?

I'm not saying you can't be staff, and I'm not attacking you. I'm just stating my opinion and experiences with you. And I'm not taking in what others have to say because then this would just be a giant echo chamber.
Awoo

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

"I don't care about any of the links you posted."

"I'm just stating my opinion."

Yeah, I noticed that. How is what I posted not exceedingly relevant to my potential performance as a staff member?

Edit: "I'm not attacking you"/"You're an idiot"
Last edited by Cabbose on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

[quote="Cabbose" pid='2604' dateline='1507909328']
How is what I posted not exceedingly relevant to my potential performance as a staff member?
[/quote]

Because that's a different server with different rules and different policies. Like I said, I'm only interested in what you've done on this server. If I were actually responsible for hiring, then yes, I probably would read those links, but I'm not, so I'm not going to.
Awoo

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Different rules =/= Different capacity to handle issues and administration tasks effectively.

We DO have different rules. In particular, stricter admin rules. Seven hours of required playtime a week, a requirement for staff to reply to all staff applications even if voting neutral. One strike for moderator dismissal, two for an admin to be demoted and three for dismissal. In my time, council members have been struck, admins have been dismissed and demoted and throughout that entire time I have received universal praise.

"If I were actually responsible for hiring, then yes, I probably would read those links, but I'm not, so I'm not going to." = "If I was FORCED to have my opinions and thoughts grounded in reality, I'd try harder, but I don't HAVE to, so I'll CHOOSE not to."
Last edited by Cabbose on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.