geemiesif

Staff app - Geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

BYOND ckey: Geemiesif
Character name: Reece L. Miline /Hannibal Lector / Navi Materon / Jack Maestro
Discord username (+user id): Brian#0471
How long have you played on Citadel?: According to the tools , 2017-04-29
How long have you played SS13?: since Jan 2017
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Right now EST time zone most of the day from 10am-2am if I start working the job I’m looking at , 7pm-1am EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Head Admin a FiveM GTA server , god that was hell on earth , avg age of someone there was 13.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Cebu , Rae.
Reason for application: Well there is quite the gap lately for some times in the afternoon/evening to late night EST. I want to help out and plug that hole as a lot of people end up getting quite frustrated as admins have lives and aren’t always on. I know I’m not perfect and have gotten mad at staff before but I do step back and clear my head and get back to it.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?
I would talk to player 1 as they didn’t take player 2 to heal in medbay, putting someone in crit without taking them to medbay can be seen self antag . As they had a verbal arguments it does seem it was a IC fight but that doesn’t discount the need to take someone to medbay who was put in crit as taking someone out of the round is a serious thing.  As not taking someone to medbay could possibly be attempted murder . breaking Rule 8.1.  as it says under the rules : Murdering another crewman for annoying you. Unacceptable.    Depending on the interaction of player 1 and two might change the idea of warning someone to a ban with a link to the rules .   player 2 would be talked to also .

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?
 I would keep watching them , seeing if they were tagged as Antag. If they weren’t Id give them the magical ‘’What are you doing?’’ boink. Depending on what they had on them it might be a case of power gaming if they took EVA suit and chaplain gear that is important to Cult round.  This might end up with just a warning and a link to the rules 6.2 under powergaming :do not  steal things not from your department. 

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?
This seems like metafriending, I would check to see if both were antags first and see if there is a real IC reason to give a mech to an assistant , also checking if they talked to the RD or HOS/CAP , talking to both to see what their side is ,  finding out what was going on , player 2 is most likely guilty of self antag as trying to kill sec as non antag is not acceptable. Rule 8.1  .   Player 1 is guilty of 6.3 giving out powerful lethal weapons . There could be a lot of factors during round that could make giving a combat mech ok ICLY .   Depending on how things are handled ICly this would warrant a note for both as a possible meta-buddy situation to monitor in future rounds. 

I know I have had ups and downs with some people on the server but I would like to try to help out.

Raeschen

RE: Staff app - Geemiesif

Post by Raeschen »

I didn't say i supported your app, i said i saw no problem with you applying, but yeah. i don't see a problem with you applying.

I probably don't really know enough to make a proper decision, i don't see you all that often. Not to say you aren't active, just not when i am/we don't really interact ingame.

I dunno, i don't see a negative yet?

Kersakof

Post by Kersakof »

From what I saw of Reece, I'd never want you as staff. Even mod. Had all the qualities of a bad player.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

I'm gonna pretty much mirror everything Raes said on this one. I didn't say I supported your application, just that I didn't see a reason why I would want to instantly deny it. I haven't really seen you ingame much but that's probably because I haven't been active on main that much recently. You don't have a bad note history, we've accepted worse looking players in the past (though those were against my wishes and most of them got deadmined so maybe that wasn't the best point oh well).

Your answers to the questions seem... Alright. Not stellar answers, but not overtly bad either. I'm not against giving you a trial run as a mod.

Overall, 6/10, doesn't know how to spell bwoink
Awoo

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Sorry Cebu and Rae for the missmention. Kersakof, if you ever have an issue with me please dont hesitate to poke me on discord.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

I'm gonna be real with ya here.

How.
In the love.
Of meat lovers pizza.
DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO SPELL 'BWOINK'.

The short version is, if there was to be an admin to put as supporting the application, it would be me, because you've blown the whistle and gotten me on the server over a lot of griefing and other sorts of bullcrap in the past - to the point I did, once, have to say "PLEASE BOTHER OTHER STAFF MEMBERS FOR ONCE, I'M NOT THE ONLY ADMIN ON THE SERVER, AAAAAAA". So the caring about the station is there, I can say that much. How you *act*, I'll be frank, I hardly get on the server so I can't really say I've got a feel for present play style and demeanor. Also, answers aren't the most remarkable, but they aren't bad answers, either - standard procedure and hits the right notes, really.

I give this a fatshark stamp of approval. If you make mod, I call first dibs on hoarding you. Training would begin once you're free from hugs.
It is only waffer thin.