ChayseRamsay's Maintainer Application

ChayseRamsay

ChayseRamsay's Maintainer Application

Post by ChayseRamsay »

Experience with Github: Head of Development for Hypatia in it's last year and Soteria, as well as host for Freedom Station. Bugfixes and additions to /tg/, Citadel main and Citadel RP.

Experience with BYOND: Space Station 13 since 2008 and a game I played a long time ago that I can't quite put my finger on the name of; It involved building bases in a fantasy sort of world, building skills, managing troops, etc. Very Dwarf Fortress-like but in Byond typical graphics and experience.

Experience with SS13: Multiple servers, admin experience and development experience, although experience on the development side of things is mostly bug testing and proof-of-concept, as opposed to larger scale things like Bhijn's combat reworks. Player of /tg/station, Colonial Marines, Hypatia, Soteria, The World Server, Goon, Aurora, Baystation and both Citadel Main and Citadel RP.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): Three years of Citadel Main playtime across all jobs, with occasional periods of inactivity due to burning myself out. Been a Citadel RP player for about a month consistently, previously only playing occasionally when friends were on.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: I believe I would make a good maintainer due to my relatively pretty good reputation amongst the players, as well as my experience with Baycode as a developer and effectively manager of a development team, guiding it in the direction that we needed for Hypatia's heavy roleplay environment. I'm willing to learn how to improve both my coding standards, as well as expand upon my knowledge of github by becoming a maintainer; as well as improving upon the RP server in a way that both the players and staff can approve of, such as adding a proper admin ticket system for example, based on the Aurora implementation of it. Also planned is attempting to figure out a way for admins to view previous round logs without needing box access to do so, potentially implementing a proper log viewer. As much as I have my issues, I really do want to find a way I can properly benefit the RP server, and potentially main in the future once I gain more experience with .dm code, as most of my coding experience is with vb.net and Python.

If there's any questions regarding my application, my DMs are always open on Discord; ChayseRamsay#7729.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cw3040

RE: ChayseRamsay's Maintainer Application

Post by cw3040 »

good memetainer, +rep

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

This is a big 'yes' for me. Chayse has been contributing for a good while now, and has really stepped up in a big way since RP's launch to get it in a more playable state for our community.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

100% on board, dude knows his stuff and is a level headed person who can take criticism.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Memetainer needs to do more work +1