PolymorphBlue - Maintainer Application

Polymorph

PolymorphBlue - Maintainer Application

Post by Polymorph »

Experience with Github:  I've worked with Github during university, and committed to the Citadel branch, so I understand how Github works.  

Experience with BYOND:  Fairly well versed - I was a /tg/ station coder with direct commit access to the SVN repo.  Of course, this was before better practices were put in place like mandatory reviews, but my changes were fairly well received, and some fairly substantial.

Experience with SS13: 13-14 years, with a long break before picking it up again recently.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP):  3-4 months across Main and RP, starting mostly on main and moving to mostly RP

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?:  Kevinz000 is making meand I told him I'd apply for both.  Mostly for the same reasons as I feel I'd make a good admin - I'm level headed and willing to help.  I understand that this is all volunteer, and people are offering their time to this because they want to make Citadel better on both the maintainer and the contributor side.  I'm also a software engineer as a job, so I'm well versed with doing code reviews and merging stuff in.  I'm willing to devote time to Citadel because I enjoy it a lot and I'm willing to put in time for furry things I want to support.

I can also step away and not take things personally or too seriously, when it comes to my code or others.

Worgilisk

RE: PolymorphBlue - Maintainer Application

Post by Worgilisk »

Unfortunately, Maintainer is not a rank up for application; it's one earned, not asked or applied for.
So by that basis, I'll have to deny this application.
Your Game Admin application however, will be unaffected by this.
Ex-Citadel Admin

Polymorph

Post by Polymorph »

Worgilisk wrote: Unfortunately, Maintainer is not a rank up for application; it's one earned, not asked or applied for.
So by that basis, I'll have to deny this application.
Your Game Admin application however, will be unaffected by this.
Okay, thank you!

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

application is reopened, I think, as I believe @jay has said that maintainer apps go here too
+1 from me :^)
Last edited by kevinz000 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

You only have like 1 PR on the github, not counting the changes you've made to TG in the past that we inherited due to being a TG downstream.

Be more active on the github. The server's open source, and we're willing to accept any kind of contribution, from small to major, from unnoticeable to controversial.

-1 due to lack of activity.
Last edited by deathride58 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.