PostmanPet- Administrator Application

PostmanPet

PostmanPet- Administrator Application

Post by PostmanPet »

BYOND ckey: PostmanPet
Character name:  Anthony Mathews is the main one, though I regularly play others
Discord username (+user id): Rohan Kishibe#4891
How long have you played on Citadel?: 2 months, if the statbus does not lie
How long have you played SS13?: Approximately 4.5 years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: My timezone is UTC+03:00. Generally I am avaiable at different times, from the early morning till late midnight, but this can change in future.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Was an admin at Infinity server (I regret this)
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Several forum and wiki administrations
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Can't say for sure, asked Kevin and Madam about application, seen no refuse.
Reason for application: I played this server for comparably not so long, but it became my favourite. There is balance between "teaparties" and mass murders, friendly and open people, and /tg/ code. I'd really like to give any help I can to this server, mostly in form of various events or admin-to-game interventions.

Answering questions:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

I do understand that people (and me personally) are not angels, and they often argue with eachother. I'd prefer it to stay in private messages through, because it can flood OOC chat and just make everyone a little bit less happy.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? 

They need to intervent- if the situation demands it, and it falls under server rules/approval from higher rank admin/special IC situations (like prayer)

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

It depends on the damage that someone has caused by breaking the rules. For example, inadvertently typing IC information OOC can go unnoticed. Someone who breaks walls around brig "just for fun" and understands their mistake can just repair the walls back. Someone who shitters at admin when he asks why they drag full plasma canister around with welder on must be punished harder.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

If he is not the only admin stuff present, if he has an antagonist role/game mode is secret

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Make server enjoyable to play fr everyone, regular and new players, making each round unique while keeping an eye on serious rule breaks.

My advantages:

1. Have a good sense of humour. Probably.
2. Fairly young, capable, ambitious will work for food3. Can translate those ugly cyrillic messages, за Родину, товарищи!

My disadvantages:

1. Sadly no pet bear nearby
2. Don't know some of game mechanics, like toxins or atmos still (four years, and never learned them)
3. Fairly new to the server. Still thinking he grasped the hold of things.
4. Can have minor language problems due to the paragraph 3 of advantages. Through people find it nice.
Last edited by PostmanPet on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zellular

RE: PostmanPet- Administrator Application

Post by Zellular »

While I reckon you'd make a great admin, as you say you're still sorta new, not yet but not no!

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Gonna agree with zellular, I'd prefer you to gain more familiarity by spending more time on the server, say a couple more months, before I plus one this app. My vote is no.

MrKaktusPL

Post by MrKaktusPL »

Anthony for president/ Alexandra Bowie ;) . I think he's a good candidate, bu i agree with The lack of The experience on this particular server. Even if i am here from like a day or two, i can say it's a "not now but later" answer from me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

not ready for administration positions as of now, due to certain observations made of their IC playstyle. nice guy though, maybe later if they improve. -1
Last edited by kevinz000 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.