Stellar Wolf - Moderator Application

StellarWolf

Stellar Wolf - Moderator Application

Post by StellarWolf »

BYOND ckey: RisingStarSlash
Character name: Stellar Wolf

Discord username (+user id): Stellar The Choco-Wolf#3063
Reason for application: My sole purpose and hope for when I am actually a staff member in citadel would be making sure everyone has someone to talk to in case something goes wrong either ICly or behind the scenes. I wish only to make sure the community stays stable and the players in the entirety stay happy.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would request both players to take it to DMs and possibly even talk to both individually if the altercation is bad enough to get to the root of the issue. If it warrants as such, I would request another admin to intervene in the situation if it is out of my hand.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
They would have to get another admin to take over, being unable to handle their own issues if they are in anyway involved with what caused it.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Punishment would depend solely on both severity and amount of times the player was either warned or temporarily banned. Repeat offenders would get banned, while offenses that are severe enough would be issued a perma-ban with a possibility of appealing it.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they are either involved in antag rounds or a part of security. An admin should also de-admin if they are too stressed out during a given time since emotions can easily affect their quality of work.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be kind, honest, and caring. An admin should be able to not let their thoughts of a player drive them but instead let the actions of said players speak for themselves. They should also be attentive and take hold of major issues that arise and stop major situations that could hamper the flow of gameplay.

Edit: Changed color due to player request.
Last edited by StellarWolf on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CawingCrow

RE: Stellar Wolf - Moderator Application

Post by CawingCrow »

You're a kind person, but it's very likely that you'd unintentionally leak stuff. You were involved in a couple of spicy incidents before and after that, I can't bring myself, to trust you enough, to be a Moderator. Sorry. -1

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

While I love you, Stellar, and would enjoy to have you on the team, I don't think you have the capacity to keep a lid on admin information, which can be a pretty big deal. +.5 :heart:

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Thank you both for the response, and I believe you both to be right. The past events involving my leaking was...rather unsavory and something I am not proud of in the least. Caused much more drama then needed in a giving time span. If that be's what hinders me, then with the denying of this application, I will never try to apply again due to those events and instead stay as an ordinary player. If whatever off chance I do get approved in, I will use my newfound responsibility to prove to everyone that I will be staff material, and promise to keep my mouth shut to prevent stuff like what had happened. Besides, it's unnecessary drama that shouldn't even have happened in the first place. Easily making me a bit iffy to be allowed. I will continue to be that nice and changed person, regardless of the events, I promise to everyone that reads this. Even if I'm not part of the staff team, that will never change. I love you all, and the time of me being here in citadel has been absolutely amazing.  :heart:
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

from the sound of what you want out of an admin position and what you want to do if you were given one it sounds like you would make a better player rep, not an admin. Moreover, though You've decent behavior as a player OOCLY I question if you would be a good fit-other then the fact you're well liked. So, that being said I dont give your application my support
sorry lass'
I turn coffee into passing grades

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

I think you're a good hearted person with a lot of good ideas, and a love for the community, but in all honesty I'm with Derkuleen in that I think you'd fit better as a player-rep than an admin. Perhaps when those open back up you should go for it. I think it suits you much better than staff.

Worgilisk

Re: Stellar Wolf - Moderator Application

Post by Worgilisk »

My own thoughts mirror a lot of what's been said already - you're a good person, though potentially too kind, being a part of the admin team would require to put your foot down, sometimes hard, depending on the person that's being dealt with, whilst still maintaining a professional tone at worst.

That said, I can't say I'm totally against the idea of you being on the team, so I'll chip in a +0.5

kevinz000

Re: Stellar Wolf - Moderator Application

Post by kevinz000 »

You're nice
You're kind
You're usually very polite
You're usually very friendly
I like your personality and think you mean well

But

- You're far too trusting of people. Work on verifying information before acting on assumptions, and lessening your impulsiveness. This is not over any specific incident but over a very long pattern of events.
- The recent leak business comes to mind when I say that new staff needs to absolutely be good at keeping secrets. Adminchat is private for a reason.
- I just need to see more proof that you're able to handle the position and I'll be able to trust you to potentially be someone driving the direction of the server in the future

Something I never added to any other application but is on my mind is that new admins should not just be good enough to enforce rules.
They should be the kind of person who will, when they get the power to (and everyone here does because voting), have the sense to bring in, and distinguish between people that are also able to do the same when the time comes for them to do so.

Accepted staff here are more or less immediately tenured, with it expanding even more if they reach gameadmin, and they often get to make very impactful decisions, not even getting to the point of "potentially being a factor in who else gets brought in during staff apps/otherwise". Staff here have a lot of power.

I'm not necessarily saying that you're not someone I trust could make these decisions when the time comes for you to make them right now, it's just something I wanted to add to put into perspective some of my concerns