Moderator or Admin application for RobinKitsune/RobinFox

RobinKitsune

Moderator or Admin application for RobinKitsune/RobinFox

Post by RobinKitsune »

BYOND ckey: RobinFox
Character name: Robin Otsuka
Discord username (+user id): Robin Kitsune#1926
How long have you played on Citadel?: 4 months. Played it a tiny bit more than a year ago, but it's been my main server for 4 months.
How long have you played SS13?: 2.5 years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Eastern Standard Time. I'm generally on in the morning, 7-12 EST, and at night, 6-12 EST, but sometimes way later.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: No admin experience. I was a contributor on Paradise, though.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I was an admin, and eventually the HeadAdmin, on a moderately large Minecraft Roleplaying server.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Reason for application: Because I am slightly less of a shithead then the average Citadel Main player.
In all seriousness, I love this game and I love this server. The community and game aren't perfect, but I want to help try to keep it fun for everyone. I have several hundred hours on the server, and I try to help people in dchat, as a pAI, stand, etc.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
    I will tell them to stop arguing. If they refuse or it's a particularly bad altercation, I'll mute either dchat or ooc, depending on which one they're in. If they continue to argue once it's reenabled, then I'll need to bwoink them and try to talk them down. Worse case scenario, I'd give out a temp ban of a few hours to make them cool off. I'd only issue a permaban if they absolutely refuse to stop the arguement after multiple warnings and a tempban.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
    Get another admin on and have them take care of it. You don't want to do rulings on things that directly relate to you, because everyone has bias. Even if you think you can avoid any bias, you don't want the OTHER person to accuse you of bias in your ruling.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
    It depends on the rule and how badly they broke it. First you should always try to talk to the rulebreaker. If they keep going or this is a regular thing for them, then a roleban may be appropriate, depending on the rule. If this is a persistant thing, or they did something really really bad and showed no remorse, or they've just generally been a shitter for long enough, a server ban may be appropriate. Tempban, generally. Only use a permaban if someone's being an absolute shithead and just won't stop.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
    I'm not entirely sure what de-admining actually means in this context. I've only ever been admin on my testing server, and I never had a reason to deadmin myself on there. I imagine it makes you play the game like a regular player without admin powers, with the ability to re-admin yourself at any time.
Anyway, you should de-admin yourself when you want to play the game normally and don't want the temptation/responsibility of admin powers. Sometimes you just want to play a normal round like a normal player. When you're particularly distressed, removing the temptation to smite whoever wronged you is probably a good idea.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
    Don't be a shit, try to keep other people from being shits, and try to enforce the rules. Be fairly knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game, and when you do memes, try not to screw up everyone's fun. Actually be on the server decently often, and be ready to deal with any issues that come up.
Last edited by RobinKitsune on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

geemiesif

RE: Moderator or Admin application for RobinKitsune/RobinFox

Post by geemiesif »

I am going to give you a -1 a staff member needs to have thicker skin. You also cant have staff blocked on discord if you are applying for staff.

RobinKitsune

Post by RobinKitsune »

geemiesif wrote: I am going to give you a -1 a staff member needs to have thicker skin. You also cant have staff  blocked on discord if you are applying for staff.
I unblocked you like a day after I blocked you.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

I think you're a good hearted person who has a vastly different mindset to most other admins that I think could benefit the team to learn from. +1

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

More worthless opinions from me;

I don't really find your answer to the 1st question satisfactory. What if it's on Discord that this argument is happening? What if someone comes to you about being harassed via PMs? From your answers alone I worry that you'll be a 'weak' admin and I'm hopeful you'll be able to smother my concerns.

De-adminning yourself will prevent you from seeing notifications, such as explosions, creation of antags and other very important, very sensitive information.

RobinKitsune

Post by RobinKitsune »

Ragolution wrote: More worthless opinions from me;

I don't really find your answer to the 1st question satisfactory. What if it's on Discord that this argument is happening? What if someone comes to you about being harassed via PMs? From your answers alone I worry that you'll be a 'weak' admin and I'm hopeful you'll be able to smother my concerns.

De-adminning yourself will prevent you from seeing notifications, such as explosions, creation of antags and other very important, very sensitive information.
If it's via PMs they can block the person. I don't actually know how we handle muting on the discord, but if neccessary I will mute the people involved. If they continue to harass the person, then I will tempban/permaban the person from the discord. The aggressor, if it's obvious who it is. I spend about 80% of my time on this server observing, as it is. So as long as there are other admins on I don't see an issue with de-admining myself the few times I do actually play.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Don't let observing alienate you from the player-base. You can ALWAYS play. It's easy not to be part of something you don't participate in and slowly elevate yourself without realizing it. I'll wish you the absolute best of luck with your application.

kfive

Post by kfive »

You're fine as a player but our one chat has suggested that you're a bit too easily disturbed by some things, and this app seems a bit like a power play to that end more than anything. I won't judge whether or not you're in the right with them but I would prefer to know admins aren't liable to lose their cool if the wrong words are said with them around. -1, sorry.

RobinKitsune

Post by RobinKitsune »

kfive wrote: You're fine as a player but our one chat has suggested that you're a bit too easily disturbed by some things, and this app seems a bit like a power play to that end more than anything. I won't judge whether or not you're in the right with them but I would prefer to know admins aren't liable to lose their cool if the wrong words are said with them around. -1, sorry.
Rule 1, part 5. Do not harass another player out of character. In-charachter harassment is subject to admin intervention if it becomes overbearing.

I'm sorry that I got annoyed at an admin joining in on harassing me after I asked them to enforce an explicitly stated rule. I didn't know that complaining about someone repeatedly breaking a rule would get so many people angry at me. Yes, I went on a rant. But that was after weeks of admins completely ignoring me. Geemie's conduct was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I just want to be able to play the goddamn game without people calling me gay and a fag all the time.
And I think that an admin spamming me after I asked them to stop multiple times calls for temporarily blocking them.

I honestly don't understand why we have a rule that noone seems to want to enforce.
This wasn't me getting annoyed at some random going "Lol fag." This was several people repeatedly calling me slurs knowing I am actually gay and explicitly doing it to annoy me. If I knew that the admin was going to join in on it, I wouldn't have ahelped. I falsely assumed that an admin would enforce the rules of the server, or at least NOT make it worse.
Last edited by RobinKitsune on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Don't think you're ready for the position.