Lolman360 - Admin Application

Lolman360

Lolman360 - Admin Application

Post by Lolman360 »

BYOND ckey: Lolman360
Character name: Zylotov on RP, Plutonium X on main
Discord username (+user id):KV-90 "Bear" ICBM#2052
How long have you played on Citadel?: Five to six months.
How long have you played SS13?: Around a year.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Mostly random, anywhere from 7am-3am AEST, but I tend to average at least 4 hours a day.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None so far.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Moderator on a Terraria server a while back in 2013, left due to server dissolution.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: None, at least at time of posting.
Reason for application:
A decent amount of the time I'm on tends to be lowpop (on both main/RP) due to my timezone, and because of this I commonly see rounds with either a handful of AFK admins or no admins/mods at all.

I've also expressed interest in administration in ss13 in the past, and believe now when staff apps are open, would be a good time to start.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
If two players were arguing in LOOC/OOC/Discord, and it was getting out of hand (interupting discussion for others, one continuing when asked to stop by other parties or someone part of the altercation itself), you'd ask them politely to take it to DMs or to stop overall. If they refuse to stop, one should mute them from OOC/LOOC/Discord until the end of the round/a short period in the case of Discord.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

If an admin is in such a position, they should act as a player in that circumstance, and should not attempt to solve the problem themselves, asking another staff member for support.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Depends on the severity/frequency of the rule breaks. If someone toes the line, or breaks a minor rule (character naming convention, etc), it'd be a warning and a note. If they broke a major rule (grief), a discussion about where they went wrong and a tempban is in order. For repeat or especially serious rulebreaks, a permaban should be applied.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Most. If they are the only admin online, one may make an exception, but they should leave themselves without admin status/powers when playing.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

There's a whole section about Admin Policy in the rules, ostensibly these are what is expected from an admin on Citadel.

geemiesif

RE: Lolman360 - Admin Application

Post by geemiesif »

Im not really sure what to think. so this gets a +0 neutral

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

Maybe you'd be fine on tg, but your style is not one fitting of citadel station. -1

Soranayo

Post by Soranayo »

I'm not so sure either, i'm staying neutral on this one. +0.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

what gladwyn said sorry buddy :(

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Serious response:
You're not a griefer, yes.
However, I wouldn't say you're admin material yet either.
While your antics are nowhere as bad as what Gladywn probably meant by "better off in /tg/" they leave a lot to be desired from you.
Unfortunately I am unable to support this application in good faith, you simply act too far from what a "model player" would be for me to +1 this.
+0

Worgilisk

Re: Lolman360 - Admin Application

Post by Worgilisk »

Your answers are alright, though the latter two certainly lack... depth - simply pointing to the rules and saying 'I'll do that' doesn't exactly show the best of understanding of what 'that' actually entails.
Still, I'd be cautiously willing to give you a chance, so +0.5

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Given behavior I've seen both on RP and main, I cant say you'd be staff material, sorry. -1

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

I've seen you a fair amount, I don't think you're a bad guy, but you do need some work, as I've had a few complaints on you before.
Decent RP antag however, surprisingly.

+0