Kerbal22 - Admin Application

Kerbal22

Kerbal22 - Admin Application

Post by Kerbal22 »

BYOND ckey: Kerbal22
Character name: Dana Saint-Victor
Discord username (+user id): Mazian#0462
How long have you played on Citadel?: Four Months (RP server)
How long have you played SS13?: Five or six years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: EST (UTC+5) / 7AM-9PM EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Not a whole lot here! I was a moderator for a smaller server and head moderator for a slightly larger server, both of them largely defunct now. 
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: See above. I did some stuff for a few StarMade servers with a handful of players. 
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Reason for application: I want to be the change i want to see and give back to a community that's welcomed me in with open arms.
Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Interrupt the argument - either by warning either party, or muting one of the other until i have finished the next step. Get both sides of the story, and resolve the altercation and settle the matter between the two players. This is assuming it has elevated to a point where the two players can't come to a decent solution themselves and are endlessly going into circles. 

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Step away from the matter in terms of administration, and request another admin to handle the situation. An admin should never attempt to resolve a dispute that they are part of because they are not impartial. If tempers are high, de-admin after requesting another admin to step in and handle the situation. 

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Judge intent, damage done, and feelings. While rules are rules and not guidelines, an admin should take in consideration what exactly happened when issuing a punishment. A permaban is not suitable for something like IC in OOC. Furthermore one must understand that intent matters when someone has broken the rules. Was it accidental? Was it due to ignorance? If someone knows full and well they are breaking the rules - then they should receive the maximum punishment. Ignorance is not an excuse and it won't get you out of punishment, but it should be considered if someone really didn't mean any harm by doing something.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
At any point where they may have to step in, where they may be tempted to metagame, where they may have impaired judgement through lack of sleep, intoxication, emotional state, etc. One should also deadmin themselves in sensitive roles such as head positions or AI where they may be distracted from either job by one or the other.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
An admin is expected to actively, fairly, respond to adminhelps, rule breaks, and player altercations. An admin is expected to be impartial to either side and to hand the matter over to another admin if they are unable to make a impartial judgement on the matter. An admin should always treat players fairly and with respect - but be firm and have a no-nonsense attitude. Players on this server are adults and should understand that actions have consequences. They should not be coddled, nor given 'just one more chance'. A rule break is a rule break, and while it can possibly be forgiven on appeal; repeat incidents are NOT something to be tolerated.
Last edited by Kerbal22 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

StellarWolf

RE: Kerbal22 - Admin Application

Post by StellarWolf »

Hello Kerbal! While I don't have 'too much' involvment icly (other than sour notes) that's your ic we are talking of, and the main fact is OOCly I haven't really noticed anything bad. You don't really seem to start anything from what I've seen in my given time of being on RP!
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

My opinion is meaningless but I like to throw it around anyway;

I feel like having you added as a mod would be a great way for you to 'stretch your legs' and get into the role of staff on SS13. It would also definitely be a step in the right direction if you really do wanna be an admin. That said, you should NOT take this app down, because I know the headmins are smort enough to make that decision, should it need be made.

You seem like a solid individual with a good head on their shoulders and I'd like to see how you perform in a role of responsibility.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

Mod tools are pretty bad, alright-just being honest. BUT if you want to use it as a stepping stone or to get an idea of the work load you would have if you wanted to go up, by all means. I somewhat disagree with your question 1 answer, but thats ok having different opinions and approaches is important. im going to basically copy what i've been saying for the last few post: if your time zone or play hours allow you to be on when few of the active admins are on then you would be a good addition to the team, if not then i dont think adding you is really needed at the time.
I turn coffee into passing grades

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

+1. A genuine smart person who tends to behave *very* well on server. Your discord behavior could stand to use improvement as you tend to get pretty hot headed about things, but you're still nowhere near as bad as many of our regular players.

Kerbal22

Post by Kerbal22 »

Bumping. A moderator position may very well suit be better, but i'l let the heads be the judge of that.
Last edited by Kerbal22 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worgilisk

Re: Kerbal22 - Admin Application

Post by Worgilisk »

Whilst the pics you've shared of people willing to provide support towards you doesn't inspire the greatest amount of confidence, your answers are something I can approve of... save for potentially part of the first answer, with it sounding like you might wait too long after the argument has become a thing - it's generally better to act fast rather than wait and hope for things to get better.

With that out the way,
+1 support.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Oh hey Dana. Havn't personally interacted with you myself all that much, but I've heard some bad and some good. Mostly good, sec maining on the RP server is a finnicky business.
Your answers to the questions are solid, sure, I can appreciate that.
As for approving you? On account of not knowing you proper, my confidence is stronger in trialing as a mod before an admin, but that's just me.

+1 for mod, +0.5 for admin.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Mazian is a good player who is enjoyable to have around on the RP server
+1
My only nitpick here is from what I've seen of my interactions with you, the same recommendations I gave tupinambis/coldstorm applies to you (even though they're not RP server people): Do things gradually, try not to be too harsh. Change is gradual.
With that said, best of luck, and I look forward to hopefully seeing you as part of our team.