Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Tekoro

Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Post by Tekoro »

BYOND ckey: Tekoro / old ckey: Ronesha [unused]
Character name: Juishy Stalls
Discord username (+user id): Tekoro#2225
How long have you played on Citadel?: Don't exactly remember, played a lot on and off, statbus says first join was around 2016, I'd guess late 2016.
How long have you played SS13?: Probably since 2016 as well. On and off at times.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC+1 //17.00 / 18.00 -> 02.00 / 03.00. Honestly, depends on work. Sometimes I might work the night as well, not during winter though.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Citadel.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: TF2/Gmod.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Derkuleen
Geemiesif
Other administrators, if you would, please DM me with the endorsement positive or negative answers.

Reason for application:
Honestly, it's been so long, I wanted to get back into the game and the community. Too bad I can't back into the game as I'm burned out of SS13 gameplay, so I thought the only way to actually come back in contact with the community would be going with what I had the most fun doing. Making mech- being an Admin. I know that, especially for all the new admins to whom I'm pretty much an unknown face and at this point an extreme shitposter (to be fair I've never been good at first impressions online), but some of the oldguys do remember me and know that the way I act as an authority figure vs the way I act as a player are mostly different. I also know that while doing my best, I might've been too nosy, sometimes too aggressive or even impertinent. But over the year I left I also matured (crazy I know). So honestly the only scary part about myself I guess are my mood swings depending on how the day goes, which is honestly human.
I find myself coming back from work and doing nothing because I'm tired, bored, you name it, so I thought coming back here would be a good idea. I've thought this over quite some times honestly, been a month or so now that I've reintegrated myself in the community, if not more, and I'm happy to see old faces still at it and also happy to see old faces gone (some of them also the reason why I left in the first place due to my heavy working condition and stress building up to unbelievable amounts, even though now I can hold the stress in due to the fact I've been working with good people who taught me well in service, which in my opinion sets a high standard for me on being an admin since it's in that same "job"-area)

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
OOC can be used as much as you want at the start or end of a round, honestly. Depends also on the magnitude of the altercation! Are they throwing racist/non-sarcastic homophobic slurs/actual hate-speech over something that happened in-game, or dunno, reoccurring metagrudge on both parts?
If the OOC altercation consists of actual hate-speech towards both entities, tell 'em to stop, tell 'em to go to Discord if they really have to. If they don't stop, mute their OOC. That should take care of it. Unless they go at it in-game, in that case just ban them of OOC in IC.
If the OOC altercation is during a round, honestly, mute OOC in general and remember to unmute it later on. OOC is not needed during a round, in my opinion.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
It's pretty simple, call another admin. If there are no admins, only and only then ONLY if no other player with admin powers can join and it's a situation that needs immediate admin intervention, ONLY THEN try to solve it yourself even if involved, as unbiased as possible. This is a pretty hard thing to do if you're not emotionally trained to be honest. I've seen people drop drakes on other players.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Scale of the rulebreak 
Did he break into chemistry and punch the chemist then leave, does it really warrant a punishment? A warning at most.
Did he bomb the shuttle before roundend because he thought it would be fun? Yeah, hella fun. For the admin that's about to ban you I guess.

Is it the first time?
I'd argue a player can have a good amount of notes and still be considered a decent player and/or person. Someone might get way too involved in the game atmosphere to the point at times they forget the dos and donts, I guess. Sounds stupid, to me too, because Ignorance is not an excuse. But.. it's a game. This still depends on the scale of the rulebreak by the way, I'm not excusing someone for bombing or doing extremely griefy shit, alright? What I'm saying is that somebody doing small rulebreaks that might warrant a day ban or other minor punishments can be excuse the first time. Only the first though. Also depends how they act in ahelp. The amount of notes obviously affects this by the way, but you can still have a good player-reputation to the point you'll still be excused rather than banned for an overwhelming number of notes and the last drop, if you know what I mean. Dunno if my point comes across.
tl;dr Having lots of notes and doing a small rulebreak for the first time shouldn't warrant an instaban of /1month/ due to note amount.
Having lots of notes and doing a small rulebreak more than once, should.

Notes and general reputation of the player.

Notes are there just for that, to be notes so other admins know what's the general behaviour of a player. That's why, honestly, they should be as detailed as possible so the other staff members can get an actual precise description of the player's mentality and playstyle. This also lowkey creates a reputation of a player in admin-chat and sometimes in general if it gets leaked. This reputation for the player unknowingly creates possibilities to get banned or not get banned.
tl;dr If descriptive enough, notes can tell you wether or not a player is a shitstorm starter or a silly goose that sometimes breaks rule but is not harmful to the overall community health.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Honestly, all. This might be unpopular, but I feel like an admin shouldn't be adminned while playing.
You might argue that they can as non-heads, still don't feel like it. Only time I guess it's fine it's if you're the only admin. I did admin and played, keep in mind, but that's because I know me and I know I don't fucking metagame the shit out of it. You gotta resist the urge. If it was me and Bob adminning, and Bob was playing, I'd yell at Bob. "Why the fuck are you adminned? Deadmin, I'm right here ghosting doing admin stuff, you play and get deadminned bitch boi." I don't know Bob. I don't know if he's an idiot that got Admin in a cereal box. He might have the strength to resist metagaming, but I don't know that. Only way to learn that is with time and experiences.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Nothing.
Jokes aside, everything
When something goes wrong, who do they go to? Adm- joking. Developers, fuck 'em for doing everything wrong with this game, especially Kevinz.

Seriously though, Admins should feel responsible for their actions.
As a player, I expect an Admin to be unbiased, wise and hot. And human. I wish people acted more as humans. Learned when something was fun even if a broken rule. But that can't happen because players will get bitchy anyway.
Saw an old player kill everyone as a chemist because they all tried to kill him. They still cried murderbone. Called me an asshole for not banning the traitor who was clearly fucking defending himself.
So.. what to expect to an Admin... to be there, for you. I guess. To bitch at. To rulelawyer at. Someone's gotta do it, right?... right?
No, an Admin volunteers to try and make your game experience enjoyable. Wether through events, admin-work (banning, kicking, etc.) [not fucking midispamming] or simply being a more powerful voice in the community. When an admin says something, it feels stronger than a player that says the same thing, why? Because they are recognized as a higher power, how stupid it may sound. That's why Admins need to keep a standard of playstyle and behaviour towards others.
(yeah i'm one to talk arent i lmao)

This app's for the Main server specifically and that only.
:heart:
Last edited by Tekoro on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ragolution

RE: Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Post by Ragolution »

my brother

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

+1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 the return of tekoro

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

well, that was a unique response. Very down to Earth and realistic. I LIKE IT.
I also said I would endorse you if you applied, so here I am.
thank you for not having a cookie cutter response! woo!
+1
I turn coffee into passing grades

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

You actually genuinely seem to want to get shit done, which we very much need. +1 so hard.

subtumaka

Post by subtumaka »

Like Rago, tekoro used to be an admin. And he was pretty good at it. He burned out realy quick tho and left in a huff, but he'd be okay to start again.
+1

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Call me biased, but why should I allow someone to become an admin when they had their friend send me this?

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

Leon_Leonardo wrote: Call me biased, but why should I allow someone to become an admin when they had their friend send me this?
This is not cool. -1 from me.

Tekoro

Post by Tekoro »

Going to rewrite this as I wrote it while just got back from work and after a hard shift.

"Kill yourself,
screenshot this
and send it to him"

Well, thing goes back to around the time time I left Citadel due to the stress piling up and burning out from SS13. After that, I also got banned from the discord, so all connections with the community I liked the most got cut off. Especially since nobody cared to reach out to me essentially. Only one person probably cared enough to do that, too bad it was for the wrong reason since they thought I was gonna kill myself.

Anyway, can't really blame you if you have a deep hatred against me, Leon. Honestly, we've never been on good terms. Never actually talked to eachother as humans considering we've never had an actual conversation, only time I recall something of that sort happening was when I proposed to change the rules and forced to write myself a new rulebook, which you pretty much didn't care about at all. So let's say I've never had a reason to like you, considering you were never there, and when you were there you managed to get on my nerves. This is not to say you're a dick or anything, just that your first impression on me wasn't the best. And I'm one to talk, I know, hell. But yeah, the last drop was when at the time I was pretty much used to hang around with my oldies group of friends, some Cit vets and stuff and an argument got heated [at this point I was banned from Discord by Kersakof who decided to take the opportunity of a small troll to perma me and other members of the group after some raiding allegations, but 'tis another story], so all that was relayed to me was through screenshots, which kinda lack context if not given, as we know. And I was sent a screenshot that riled me up a lot, which in short, is you calling a friend of mine /autistic/ in a heavily passive aggressive way, which blended with my other mixed feelings didn't make me.. take it very well, to say the least. So yeah, in the private discord of friends I was in, I did write that. I don't deny it. Do I mean it? No, why would I seriously tell someone to kill themselves. I'm not joking, I'm not one to seriously mean that. It was but an angry comment between friends.
I mean, I do look like a dick to many people, especially ones that don't end up knowing me, but.. come on. You should know better. I've done my best to be a better person all in all. I've proven it to people over and over. I've also proven I care about the community. I'm not a sicko who decides to go on 20h long playing-sprees just for some random shit. I care about it. I don't care about what you say. You've grown a good environment that just needs to be protected, not sure if the best word.
No one is perfect, I'm far from so. I  just do my best while being me, and you know as an Admin-on-duty I've never acted like me, I acted professionaly, moreso than others. You should know that. Other admins who remain, should know that. Mistakes happen, to everybody. I won't believe for a second any of the present people on Citadel who say they've never made mistakes. (cause cit players dumm, where is erp button)

I would like to make a tl;dr but there's no way to do so.

-- As for Madamheichou, I'm sorry for my previous response sounded dickish, but.. honestly it was meant to be due to how your comment was perceived.
"This is not cool. -1"
No reason given, just quoting somebody with a screenshot. Not reasoning why it's not cool for you, not giving me any ground to defend myself on.
Since you're also a member that I know that goes back from before I was an admin, I would've thought better of your judgement, especially since you're/were an Admin (?), not just being a blind sheep. I'd love for you to actually elaborate your negativity towards me, though. I'm always trying to improve as a person, for the better of myself and for the people that sit around me.
Last edited by Tekoro on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.