Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Leon_Leonardo

RE: Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Alright, you seem pretty sincere. I can understand saying regrettable things, I do it often enough.

While I'm not exactly comfortable giving you my endorsement for admin, I don't feel like I need to vote against you or deny your application altogether.

Tekoro

Post by Tekoro »

I appreciate it, really.

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

The limited amount of time, I have interacted with you, weren't positive. Your answers, however, are very reasonable. -0.5

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

I remember you as a very thorough and active staff member, take it easy sometime, try not to burn out.
+1

RoyalKurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

return of the tek, active admin extraordinaire +1
:heart:

gypsyShark

Re: Admin Application: Tekoro | 3

Post by gypsyShark »

Honestly I’ve heard a lot of good things about you. I was kind of disappointed when I saw how abrasive you were in the public discord. But, because you have shown a lot of maturity in this application, i can see what others saw on you. I give a tentative +1.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I remember when you bwoinked me once - The language and way you handled the whole ticket was practically the exact idea of the level of professionalism I like to see from staff. That and you're already well meshed in with the community, so you've got my support.

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Honestly, I'm rather mixed on this application; there might be plenty good in your answers, and others supporting you, but I find myself disagreeing with some of your points raised... and the general tone you've taken in this application.
On of those points I disagree with is your answer to question 4; If you're comfortable remaining admin'd whilst playing, getting on a fellow admin's back for doing the same does not sound like the kind of trusting behaviour I'd expect in a team environment.
Alongside that, there's always the concern of 'if it happened once, it can happen again', and there's no guarantee you might not storm off in another huff should something disagreeable happen.
So, personally, I'm going to give this a -1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
You were one of the first people I met after I was thrown in the fire.
My time being a moderator alongside you was enjoyable.
Even if you ran off "in a huff", I'm willing to believe that it was an outlier and that it won't happen again, hopefully. Not going to hold it against you.
I consider you someone reasonable who can understand issues and argue for your stance yet still listen to reason and advice
You've always been in my eyes down to earth and well understanding of the playerbase as a whole
Reinstate Tekoro.

Tekoro

Post by Tekoro »

Worgilisk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:21 am
Honestly, I'm rather mixed on this application; there might be plenty good in your answers, and others supporting you, but I find myself disagreeing with some of your points raised... and the general tone you've taken in this application.
On of those points I disagree with is your answer to question 4; If you're comfortable remaining admin'd whilst playing, getting on a fellow admin's back for doing the same does not sound like the kind of trusting behaviour I'd expect in a team environment.
Alongside that, there's always the concern of 'if it happened once, it can happen again', and there's no guarantee you might not storm off in another huff should something disagreeable happen.
So, personally, I'm going to give this a -1
I get where you're coming from I do. Trust and team environment, I get it. But we're not really a team environment where we are in contact with eachother for a long time, some people rarely talk to eachother sometimes, sure you'll get the other admin you'll be talking to a lot and then you talk with the others when there's matters to be handled, but it's not really a team environment and trust me I know how it is to work in such a thing. Sadly, my expectations of people go down a lot, in my answer I simply said that if I don't know 'em, I don't trust 'em. Simple. We've had pretty examples of admins/mods abusing powers at times, one of the epic ones of course remains the ASH DRAKE DROP by Arieever. Again, I don't like the whole fellow admin thing, but that's just me and don't get me wrong, I love talking with other admins, agreeing, disagreeing. Also, not sure if you understood my answer correctly, because I said I'd be telling the other admin off if I was already there, adminning and they were playing. What need for them is there to be Admin? None, Admins can see dchat which is metagame central and that will one way or another affect you. If there's another admin, WHY stay adminned.
I've been raised with the logic of 'Once is fine, twice isn't', so when you say that I might just run off again I'm going to have you stop right there and if anything I'll just lower my playtime because as you remember, back when I was Admin I used to stay up for too much, too long and more than needed. Now I have a job which from March to September takes a lot of time from me, so the burnout isn't going to be as bad considering I'll come back from work and actually wanna do stuff whereas before I used to just do this.
But I see where you come from, I really do, which is why I agree with your point of view in a certain way, not deeply though.