Moderator Application - Kered2

Kered

Moderator Application - Kered2

Post by Kered »

BYOND ckey: Kered02
Character name: Cerberus
Discord username (+user id): Flump #2620
Reason for application: My general experience on main, and on RP to a more limited extent, and my desire to be more involved with ensuring a positive experience for all players on the server.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Establish the primary reason for the altercation first and foremost, whether it is due to conflict between their characters ICly or an unrelated boiling over of tensions OOCly. From there I can attempt to find out if this is a pre-existing grudge or a flaring of tensions, attempt to clarify miscommunications between the two characters, engage directly with the primary reason that was initially established, and offer both players an opportunity to let the matter be settled once tensions have died down.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Inform another member of the staff as soon as possible, explaining that due to their involvement with the incident there would be bias present, and they cannot be involved in the matter. Said admin should also do their best to, as a normal player would, provide clear and concise answers to questions and not attempt to sway the course of judgement.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Previous incidents should be first, by examining notes on their account and seeing if the player has done either the exact same thing or something related before, examining these notes for links to the current incident and information provided by staff members in the past. If the player disconnects mid conversation, is excessively argumentative or otherwise directly insulting, or attempts to mislead the admin, this would enhance the punishment, whereas if they were polite, reasonable, calmly and succinctly explained what occured, and worked with the admin, one could consider slightly mitigating the punishemnt.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they are taking on board a generally more important role such as a command member with other administrators available, are taking the role of an antagonist (especially a team antagonist as a leader), or believe themselves to be incapable of handling any tickets due to OOC business.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
A certain degree of professionalism, the ability to work calmly and intelligently under pressure, to enforce the rules as necessary, and to work with their fellow administrators in a receptive manner.

Nethaufer

RE: Moderator Application - Kered2

Post by Nethaufer »

You're quite the solid person, don't seem to get upset that often, and mained borg, so you already basically had to uphold yourself to rules. Which you do fairly well. +1

StellarWolf

RE: Moderator Application - Kered2

Post by StellarWolf »

Well hello there Cerby! I have had some really good experiences with you. A borg main too, hm? Synthetics are pretty much held to a high standard due to those lawset's, and like Zulu, you've pretty much got them down to a T! You have my support hun! <3
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

Worgilisk

Re: Moderator Application - Kered2

Post by Worgilisk »

Answers are good, though I'd like to say that you should specify how you'd go about establishing what the issue is, for the first question - continuing the 'discussion' in OOC-channels would likely not be the best of ideas.
Otherwise though, you have enough of my support for me to drop a +1

kevinz000

Re: Moderator Application - Kered2

Post by kevinz000 »

+0.75
I compare you to Nethaufer in terms of "How I predict you will be like as a full gameadmin if all works out"
However the lack of full +1 is because I haven't interacted with you in a long time so I can't say for sure.
:clap: You're nice and polite though I think you'll be good, I haven't had reason to believe otherwise in a long time, probably a year now.