Onutsio - Admin Application

Onutsio

Onutsio - Admin Application

Post by Onutsio »

BYOND ckey: onutsio
Character name: Jess Trellop/ M.Arshall
Discord username (+user id): Onutsio#2847
How long have you played on Citadel?: About a year
How long have you played SS13?: About 3-4 years now.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: US EST, I'm usually on in the later hours, as I have school during most days. Overall this is my main concern with staffing, as my availability is mixed depending on what's going on with Uni.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I was an administrator on the short lived Oracle station for a bit. About 3-4 months before retiring due to school.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I co-owned a HL2RP server on the clockwork(Garry's Mod) framework about 4 years ago or so. Along with administrating on a line of smaller servers that stemmed from it. 
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: I was messaging ingame by Kev(Mind you, a copypasted message)
Reason for application: I've been on the server for awhile, and figured why not? Citadel has become the main server I play on, and may as well contribu

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

It really depends on the altercation. It's usually best just to keep people calm between each other without overstepping boundaries. Obviously you don't want people getting super heated in OOC or ghostchat towards eachother, as it just overall sours everyone's mood.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

The best idea would probably be to let another admin handle it, usually more than one admin should be online. If there isn't, it'd be best to try contacting another to get online. The worst case scenario would be having to deal with a situation, which you are involved with, yourself.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

It depends on context, a lot of things can just be talked out or squared up to a misunderstanding. A lot of factors go into determining punishment, is it a 1 hour playtime player? Or someone who's played for months, and accumulated a textbook worth of bad notes?

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Whenever said admin is going to be doing something incredibly important to the round IC. For example, playing captain or another important role. Or playing a major antagonist. Or whenever them getting involved with a situation/situations may constitute bias from their side.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? 

Ensure that everyone has a good time, really. This sort of staff position is more about easing the player base through rounds than anything else, I believe.  Everything just needs to run smoothly with minimal intervention. And hopefully, with as many people happy as possible, as hard as that may be to achieve.

Worgilisk

Re: Onutsio - Admin Application

Post by Worgilisk »

Though most of your answers were good, the answer to the first question feels... lacking; it's currently more about what you'd prefer not to happen after any intervening, rather than what you would actually do.
Along with that, as you mentioned yourself, there is the concern about your instability in being able to stay a member of the team, should you be accepted.
I'll at least give you a +0.5 for support, but I'm still hesitant about it.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

This is "literally who" territory for me, as I don't believe I've ever met you, so I can't really give a well informed opinion on you as a person.
As for your answers, however, they leave something to be desired but they're not blatantly off the mark so that's allright. And hey, you adminned for Oracle before, so you've probably got somewhat of an idea on how to use the tools of the trade on SS13 admin tools.
But, can't really say I have a strong confidence on you, but that's in part due to never having met you myself, which is where my strong judgement on a person normally comes from.

I'm not saying I'm denying this or anything, you've adminned before so that's a 0.5 from me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+0.8 even though this is one of the ones I can say I endorsed instead of just upvoted
I'd prefer if you had more activity on server recently but eh, stuff happens
You've been quite chill and my interactions with you on the main server have been positive. You've shown yourself to me to be one of the more positive to have players.
Still though I haven't seen you in almost a month so