gamingwolfer

Admin app 2.0

Post by gamingwolfer »

BYOND ckey: Gamingwolfer
Character name: Aoki Wolf
Discord username (+user id): Gamingwolfer#2352
How long have you played on Citadel?: about 3 months
How long have you played SS13?: 3-4 months
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CET. in the week I would say about 2-3 hours. weekend 5-6 hours.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: none
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: moderator on a gmod SCP RP server
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: /
Reason for application: I want to support and help this server grow. This server is one of my most played servers and I continue to play on this server. I want to mostly the rp server as it is for my most interest. I can also do the main server if it is requested from me. I also want to learn what it is being an admin on a BYOND server as I will get used how to handle the controls the most. 

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would  message both of them and tell them to calm down and stop fighting. If they need to have the argument I will request them to do it in a DM/PM instead of using the server.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If they are involved in a situation that needs admin intervention. They should alert and ask an admin to come and help handle or handle the situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The admin should look at multiple things: Looking at what has happened and seeing what punishment is needed. the history of the person that is breaking the rule and looking if he did break a rule repeatedly. How long ago since the last time he broke a rule.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
They should de-admin themselves if they are unfit to be admin at the time. example when the admin is intoxicated. When the admin is too tired to continue his duty. When the admin is being rude and not being professional 

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
They are expected to up hold the rules and make sure everybody follows them. They are supposed to remain professional when dealing with a situation and just in general. If there are no mods or helpers online they will need to help guide new players or new people if they don’t know what to do or how to do things.

gamingwolfer

Re: Admin app 2.0

Post by gamingwolfer »

Side note: This is an Application for the RP server in Citadel station 13.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

-1 I don't know you and I haven't seen you on enough for me to +1 this, are you even on discord (wait you are you just never talk other than like once when you first joined)? while you'd think I should just be neutral on admin apps I don't know when there's a limited amount of slots and we have leak issues and crap I really don't think I'd like to see unknowns make it in, especially without staff recommendations, or even me having heard of you at all. Compound that with your relatively short time here...

Oh yeah and uhh ss13 admin controls are very different from many other byond games' which I can only speculate about so there's that.
Oh yeah and what other servers do you play on ss13 wise?

your answer to number 1 is alright
your answer to number 2 is alright
your answer to number 3 is vague and low effort (my subjectivity haha)
your answer to number 4 is wrong (there is a textbook answer, and it's not when you're drunk/unfit/too tired/rude, that's something else entirely)
your answer to number 5 is alright

however this entire application and its predecessor gives me a strange feeling of it being low effort and not genuine? i dunno but -1 anyways :^)

gamingwolfer

Post by gamingwolfer »

I have researched and found out the correct answer for question
when the admin is antagging, Head of staff/Sec, helping or hunting antags.
when the admin is intoxicated or is unfit to have proper judgment or self control.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Given the fact you made your original application after asking me about running an event on lowpop leaves me feeling like you only want to be an admin so you can run events.
The fact that I've literally never seen you on the server since then also doesn't help.
-1 from me.

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Hmmm, some of this feels poorly worded, particularly your answer to question 3. And the answer to question 4, like Kevinz said, is incorrect.
Aside from that, something... gives me the notion that you might not be the most mature of people? Not to say your underage or childish, but your use of wording feels too simple.
Either way, I can't find myself supporting this app, -1

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Needs more time on the server. 3 months seems too short to properly gauge.