Mod Application Royalkurwa

RoyalKurwa

Mod Application Royalkurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

BYOND ckey: RoyalKurwa
Character name: Charlie Kirkson
Discord username (+user id): Varied Names, but the general gist is Charlie "example" Kirkson (henlo#5906)
Reason for application: I want to help people.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

It really depends on how much 'salt' is being generated. Like if they're full caps spamming OOC and or LOOC with their mess, disable said OOC channel and ask them to calmly take it to discord or other mediums, temp OOC bans can be applied if they're insisting on continuing to argue server side.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Admin help it and leave it for another admin to deal with, you shouldn't pick up your own cases because it's bad practice also the result will always be on your side!

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

-Read their notes
-Read logs and figure out what it is exactly they've done

-Communicate with other admins who may have had experience with said person before
-Gauge the severity of their offense (did they kill someone with bad escalation or did they straight up kill three people for no reason)

In all honesty, once you've covered these things use your own judgement should they be warned? jobanned? banned?

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

The following:

-If they're an antag
-If they're a head
-Probably as sec
-Normally if they're playing in general to avoid getting meta info

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Help people, resolve conflicts in the community, fix drama, undo grief done by angry 12 year olds with byond and overall make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Last edited by RoyalKurwa on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:heart:

Ragolution

RE: Mod Application Royalkurwa

Post by Ragolution »

not worst dog

+0 ?

o w8

+1

Long time member of the community with a pretty good handle on how to be a good noodle. I often confuse them with someone I very much dislike for some reason, but that's because my memory is awful.
Last edited by Ragolution on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tekoro

RE: Mod Application Royalkurwa

Post by Tekoro »

biased +1

gypsyShark

Re: Mod Application Royalkurwa

Post by gypsyShark »

+1 for Charlie “Bork” bjorkson.

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Hmmm... +0.5 support? Your answers are a mix of short and decently-detailed... and just a tad too joking by the end there, though you might be able to take up the mantle of Moderator well enough.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

you're alright and i'm willing to give you a try in terms of my vote, i think your mindset is alright for this kind of thing and such, however i don't know you that well so i won't be giving a paragraph response. +0.75 due to limited staff slots

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Oh hey Charlie.
I've already known you for a while to know you're an ok person. Personally think you might be a bit too much of a goof for an actual admin position, but I don't see anything wrong with trialing you out in a Moderator position.

Your answers are pretty brief, but they get to the point, you've my approval anywho.

+1