Kiara's Main Server Admin App

Inferno

Kiara's Main Server Admin App

Post by Inferno »

BYOND ckey:inferno707
Character name: Aurelia Kincade/AP3-X/Arcadia Steele/BLUE STEELE/Kiara Steele
Discord username (+user id):Coldstorm#1832
How long have you played on Citadel?: Been around since the summer of 2017, playtime unknown.
How long have you played SS13?: Around the same amount of my first connection to Citadel.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CST, I usually get one somewhere between 5pm and 1AM during the weekdays, and later at nights during the weekends.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: About six or so months of being a moderator for a once popular series of TTT servers ran by SeriousGMod. Handled applying bans and slays to players who broke the rules within the servers. Was required to keep a minimum of 20hrs biweekly and always try to defuse the situation between the two players. Still have some of the logs and recordings, community has gone under.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: None so far.
Reason for application: Applying for an adminship on the main server, as the bunker being down has brought in the occassional waves of griefers again, as well as new players who still do not fully understand how to play and/or follow our different policies. I would like to become an admin to help preserve the server and keep it amazing like it has been in the past, my primary interest is resolving tickets and to watch over players to make sure that something avoidable doesn't end up happening. Even after the last wave of apps was sent, only one I believe of the chosen actually actively plays main?

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Assuming it is happening in OOC i'd give them both a verbal warning to please end the dispute or at least take it elsewhere off the server. If they continue to amp it up with more arguing or multiple other players become involved I would temporarily disable OOC and warn them that further discussion will have them OOC banned temporarily.
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Reach out to another admin or headmin to come handle the (assumed to have been ahelped against) problem. Should record and mark the relevant logs regarding the incident if another admin cannot come handle it right away.
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
To me playing warden seems like a playing as a lesser admin. What matters is the intention of the player for breaking the rules, whether they were just doing something and this happened on accident or unintentional as a result of that, or they did it on purpose and maliciously. Another very key thing to consider regarding punishments is how the player in question responds to you when handling their incident. A player who admits to their mistakes of breaking the rules and being honest to the staff while keeping a moderately polite tone should be punished, but they should get a lighter punishment for being cooperative in resolving the issue at hand. However, a player who is adversarial and will not cooperate with admins and possibly even lies should be punished with what the rule broken demands. If their behavior deteriorates further before punishment is given, I believe their bad behaviour should extend the punishment given.
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Whenever they take on an important role such as any head of staff or an AI. If they role an antag that has a VS like IAA or cult they should probably de-admin as well.
5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
I'm not entirely certain who expects what of an admin on Citadel heh. What I expect and hope for an admin to be, is someone who does care about the community, and the servers we all share within this community. An admin should be someone who responds or starts all ahelps with a minimum level of respect towards the player being ahelped, and should do their best to try to defuse and calm the player while they gather information to make a verdict for the Ahelp. An admin should want to be on the server and help protect it from players who are toxic and poison the community. An admin is a player who wants to keep their community positive and help keep it going for as long as it can go. An Admin should care about the players they deal with, with no players or salty and angry players we would have such a terrible community.

As the window between this application and the previous isn't too terribly long, my answers and views have held to be the same. I also understand I come off as anti fun, and to an extent I am. I know its a game and we are all here to have fun and relax ~~and have extreme erp for ghosts to see~~ and I love that about the community. But there should be a limit, and alot of things I am fine with happening. I just have a feeling that there does need to be an established order within the server heh ^^' I really do want Citadel to succeed and have a long lived community, regardless of whether I am selected in this round or not I want the admins to know you are all cool. ~~Except Kevin, he big gay~~

gypsyShark

Re: Kiara's Main Server Admin App

Post by gypsyShark »

+1 for calling kev big gay!
Nah but seriously I think you have your heart in the right place. You care about the community and are active here. I think with some tutoring you can be a good admin personally.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
Willing to support this, you're generally a good player although yes you come off as anti fun
Please don't ban harold robinson raze the server to the ground if you get in, change has to be gradual.
Your heart is in the right place like gypsy said and I think that you should be given a chance.
with that said i'm going to nitpick and say that your answer to question 4 is bad :^)
Goodluck!

Also your on server activity as of recent is a bit low but eh, I'll assume you'll be more active in the future.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

hard pass

call it bias if you want

Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Ragolution wrote:hard pass

call it bias if you want
Was it cause of the note you gave me?

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

It's because I don't find you knowledgeable or mature, two of the key traits one should look for in an admin. Part of why I'm being terse with this is because I realise I've been gone for a while and if anyone else wants to speak to the contrary, they will.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Your answers are all well and good, though something seems... off, in the way they're written. Maybe it's just me, though I do worry your admin responses may rarely end up poorly-composed to the point of being hard to understand, which could become a problem... though not enough of one to really oppose your application.
So +0.5

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Honestly on the fence here with this one.
I remember you, sure, though I don't recall seeing you in-game for a long while. I do recall /something/ in the past that I can't quite remember that make me uneasy about you on staff, albeit I have forgotten what it was.

Regardless, your answers are ok for the most part.

I have an uneasy 0.5. Maybe less.