[Kerbal22] Moderator Application

Kerbal22

[Kerbal22] Moderator Application

Post by Kerbal22 »

BYOND ckey: Kerbal22
Character name: Dana Saint-Victor, Honor Onarina, Artemis McClymonds
Discord username (+user id): Mazian#0462
Reason for application: I want to be the change i want to see and give back to a community that's welcomed me in with open arms, however i think it's best if i gain some experience with the moderation side of Citadel before moving onto an admin application.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Interrupt the argument - either by warning either party, or muting one of the other until i have finished the next step. Get both sides of the story, and resolve the altercation and settle the matter between the two players. This is assuming it has elevated to a point where the two players can't come to a decent solution themselves and are endlessly going into circles.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Step away from the matter in terms of administration, and request another admin to handle the situation. An admin should never attempt to resolve a dispute that they are part of because they are not impartial. If tempers are high, de-admin after requesting another admin to step in and handle the situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Judge intent, damage done, and feelings. While rules are rules and not guidelines, an admin should take in consideration what exactly happened when issuing a punishment. A permaban is not suitable for something like IC in OOC. Furthermore one must understand that intent matters when someone has broken the rules. Was it accidental? Was it due to ignorance? If someone knows full and well they are breaking the rules - then they should receive the maximum punishment. Ignorance is not an excuse and it won't get you out of punishment, but it should be considered if someone really didn't mean any harm by doing something.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

At any point where they may have to step in, where they may be tempted to metagame, where they may have impaired judgement through lack of sleep, intoxication, emotional state, etc. One should also deadmin themselves in sensitive roles such as head positions or AI where they may be distracted from either job by one or the other.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
An admin is expected to actively, fairly, respond to adminhelps, rule breaks, and player altercations. An admin is expected to be impartial to either side and to hand the matter over to another admin if they are unable to make a impartial judgement on the matter. An admin should always treat players fairly and with respect - but be firm and have a no-nonsense attitude. Players on this server are adults and should understand that actions have consequences. They should not be coddled, nor given 'just one more chance'. A rule break is a rule break, and while it can possibly be forgiven on appeal; repeat incidents are NOT something to be tolerated.

Evoturd

Re: Kerbal22 - Moderator Application

Post by Evoturd »

There is few i'd trust more for a mod role than Kerbal/Mazian. They've proven themselves a competent role-player and matured person and have been apart of the community for quite a while now.

+1 From the Slav

kevinz000

Re: [Kerbal22] Moderator Application

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 Hello yes this is a good person to be making staff in my opinion, with the only thing I have to add being that be aware that it takes time to fix things, and to not be too rough on people. Good luck!

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I wish I knew you better to give a more educated vote, but, feel free to take my +0.5, I like your answers.

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

I don't know you particularly well, but you have good answers, and I think you deserve the opportunity to prove yourself as a mod. +1

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

I get the feeling you'd burn out real fast but hey I wont weigh in here since you'd be almost exclusively on the RP server.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

I'm gonna remain fairly against this, as I don't really think you're.. what citadel needs, in a staff position right now.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I kinda agree with Nicc to be honest. I dont think you have the right mentality for a staff position, sorry. -1

Cygnet

Post by Cygnet »

On a strictly impartial opinion and based off of the answers to the given questions, I think the applicant deserves a chance to show that they can be as capable as their application suggests. I’d strongly suggest anyone making comments here not give opinions and feedback based off of personal like or dislike for the individual.
+1

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Moving this to denied on account of the users mentality regarding citadel having changed.

Also this app is ancient (my fault), and im not sure if they even want staff anymore.