[Triple skrek] Admin Application

Triple skrek

[Triple skrek] Admin Application

Post by Triple skrek »

BYOND ckey: Triple skrek
Character name: Gerkre, Chayakriti, Terragon
Discord username (+user id):Angriestbirb#4528
Reason for application: Love the server to bits, wanna do my part in keeping it running smoothly and help people out, and got the push to do so when someone told me they tought id be good for it, so signing up for mod to see if i get accepted here, and how i handle it to see if im cut for admin,

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

If nobody seems to be annoyed by it, watch for a bit to see if its just two people messing about or not, and if it does bother other people or if they arent just having a laugh, tell them to move it to thier DM's or drop it, and if they dont then an ooc or discord mute could be given for a bit, and if they get back to it then a longer mute.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Not throw thier weight around, if your involved in a situation as an admin then you should treat it like your a normal player and get another admin to help resolve it, as to avoid self bias or unfair treatment. Pretty much just act like you not an admin and get help.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

For first time offenders, a warning should suffice, tough this of course depends on what rules were broken and how severely, and a verbal acknowledgement from the rulebreaker as to what rule they broke. Repeat offenders should be treated more harshly, also depending on the rule and severity.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

If they dont think they can handle having the info, when doing antags, sec or even just playing normaly, tough if they dont think they will use any info, then they can be admined during those. An admin can also de-admin when they simply wish to just play and take a break. Pretty much, if they think they are gonna use the info they get or when they want to just play the game normaly and not be bothered.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

An admin should never act in bias and treat everyone the same, admin or normal player, regular or new player, friend or stranger. They should respond to player concerns such as ahelps and questions on the discord, and try to keep the server a friendly place. Rulebreaks should be treated fairly and all parties should be heard out, if you got a warning then you clearly knew what you did, ignorance is not an excuse. They should never abuse thier posistion to harras other players or metagame, nor try to resolve thier own problems, and accept help and work with thier other staff.

Edit: Added a char i started playing recently too the list.
Edit 2: Was told we dont do mods anymore and that i could just edit this if i was still intrested in it, so yeah, this is an admin app now.
Last edited by Triple skrek on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Triple skrek] Moderator Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I've seen you, and interacted a ton with you. I'm willing to give you +1.
I think you're fit for the role of moderator, fairly active, quick to respond to things that aren't normal/might be detrimental to the station or crew, does their job. In other words, if you take the characteristics that make you a good player, and, apply them how I think you will, you'd make a great moderator.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

this guy's alright and i told them they should apply +0.75 because decimal numbers are all the rage and i don't know them as well as the others this might change

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

Well the answers are good and I've seen you around for a while, and after interacting with you, you seem like a great addition to the moderation team so this has my +1

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Had plenty of good interactions with you, you're far from a trouble maker and I think the team could benefit from you. +1 from me.

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

You have a pretty solid grasp of how things work and only have a single note. I wouldn't mind seeing how you do as a moderator.

+1

Nik707

Re: [Triple skrek] Admin Application

Post by Nik707 »

+1 ty

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Greetings Triple Skrek,

Following the overall support you received the RP staff and how much of a great player you are on the server, I am more than happy to accept you into the staff team.

I'll be proceeding with the general procedure and I shall admin you afterwards.

Have a great day.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Moving this to denied after further discussion.

Triple Skrek decided to turn down the offer for the moment.

Closed.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.