R1f73r's Trial Admin Application

R1f73r

R1f73r's Trial Admin Application

Post by R1f73r »

BYOND ckey: R1f73r
Character name: Cameron Kulper, Naia Sekai
Discord username (+user id): R1f73r#9589
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since September of last year, so give or take 5 months.
How long have you played SS13?: About 2 years now I believe.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: I am in EST, but I'm available for any hours during the week, as I work on weekends only.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I adminned on Paradise for almost a year, leaving recently.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I usedto be a manager at a fast food restaurant.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Scorpion_C117, Crashinator08, Avarice Pleonexia.
Reason for application: I have grown attatched to the Citadel Community, and have noticed that there are times that I'm on that no admins are on. I figured I could bring some of my own admin expertise to the team, as well as my time, and patience.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? Well first I'd tell all parties to cool their jets in looc, since that is likely where they'd be arguing. If they decide to not stop like responsible adults then I mute the party(ies) that does not stop from looc, no need for a global mute as that creates unnecessary question asking in OOC. Then I would take the time to ask them some questions, distract their fingers and let them cool off by asking them these questions while I log-dive, try to get the picture from an unbiased source of information, using each side of the story they help to paint to help me get the full picture of what happened. I would then of course make my judgement call, usually situations like these can be resolved just by an admin coming in and booping them, but occasionally they can't cool down, and need to be given a small time-out to remind them that this is a space supposed to be welcome to everyone, and hostilities should be handled by players and admins both responsibly.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? Always step away if possible. Admins are not above ahelping after all! They should remove themselves from the situation as much as possible, on the administrative side. There ARE instances where there are no other admins on, and none will answer the call to come on, usually due to life getting in the way. In that instance and only in that instance, should they handle it themselves. This would include the admin handling it to try and get the most unbiased handling of the situation they can, and trying to contact another admin for their viewpoint if possible, even if they can't come online. If they feel they cannot be unbiased, they can always make a player complaint for another admin to handle at a later date.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? I've learned to judge it based on intent, or what I felt was meant by the rule break, malicious intents are bound to be punished more severely than those who simply had an accident. How badly they messed up, those that simply perform an IC in OOC shouldn't usually get punished, but instead warned, depending on situation and intent of course. And always how many times they've broken said rule, if I see notes that someone keeps doing IC in OOC, then that's when it starts to get more serious. Some punishments can be done in IC, if it isn't quite breaching rules too much to be too severe, then punishing them in an IC manner can have a more profound impact than the OOC ways of getting to them.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? Well, if there are antags, then as an antag, or by security/head roles. IF not then if they feel too tired/intoxicated/whatever to admin, and only if there is another admin or moderator present. Otherwise they should not be playing those roles to begin with in my opinion. This is also inclusive of AI, just to be clear.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? To help facilitate a fun time for everyone! Rules are there to help facilitate the fun time, so remembering that should always be an admin's top priority. This is a game after all, but it's a game with rules that have to be followed. To help facilitate a good time, one must answer ahelps, handle player disputes, being active on the forums, or at least cognizant of what's going on on them. Policing the discord, and making sure to remember that everyone is human, but that doesn't mean to be a cakewalk.

HazelBailey

Re: R1f73r's Trial Admin Application

Post by HazelBailey »

An extremely friendly, and thoughtful player that has experience over on Paradise to back them up. Has a +1 from me without a doubt.
Sorry man, gotta revoke my support of this. Reasons are stated below.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I'd like to know more about the circumstances of the termination of your adminship over on Paradise.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

After having learned the reason why you were terminated, I revoke my earlier support and will have to instead state my discontent. I do not support you for staff on Citadel.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Unfortunately due to the circumstances on Paradise I will have to express my dissent for this application. I hate not giving people a chance but it's too recent, maybe if you can prove yourself in the future, I dunno man.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi there,

I'll be closing this app as it didn't manage to step up to the eyes of the administration and has now been up for way too long. You may re-apply at any time if you desire to.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.