[Granodd] Admin Application

Granodd

[Granodd] Admin Application

Post by Granodd »

BYOND ckey: Granodd

Character name: IO, Viktoria, Aerseri Redgale, Serenna Riggle, Viktoria Steele, Igor Zuykov (and maybe a few others, I make a lot)

Discord username (+user id): Granodd#8535

How long have you played on Citadel?: On and off for perhaps a year or two. I began playing more actively on it within the last two months.

How long have you played SS13?: 3 years.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: US Eastern

Previous SS13 related admin experience: Mentoring on Paradise. I've fiddled around with admin controls and verbs in local debug servers as well.

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Administrator(read: Headmin) on a private WoW RP server

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Ragolution, Kevinz000

Reason for application: After a long time of being reluctant, finally decided to make an admin application because I feel I can be of good assistance.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Firstly, get them to take their kerfuffle out of the OOC or LOOC channels if that's where it's taking place (or if it's in a medium like Discord, get them to stop yelling at each other in public channels). Then we assess the situation of who's mad at who and for what reasons, gleaming information from both sides. Then we examine the stories and see if there is some justification to the upset, or if any rules are/were broken. If no rules are broken, and the altercation is simply a "civil" one, then attempt to get the players to understand any misunderstandings and make amends (it's best to remove the seeds of brooding against one another). If amends can't be made, then either a compromise or an agreement to disagree, as well as making sure both sides understand why the other person disagrees. Understanding something doesn't mean you have to like it.

If rules were broken, then we identify who broke them and how, and inform the appropriate parties that rules were violated and punishment may need to be exercised. We make sure that the people being punished understand why they're being punished so we can try to avoid something like this in the future.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If it's a civil matter like above, then we attempt to call someone else who's not busy to help mediate the issue, as even people who claim to be unbiased towards themselves may have some slight inclination to favor their side. If no one else is available, then we pull up our britches and attempt to become as detached from ourselves as possible with an "outside looking in" perspective on the situation. We ask ourselves "Am I being the asshole here? Have I perhaps done something wrong?"

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
We evaluate how they respond to being told that they've broken the rules and whether or not they understand that. If they receive it well and are cooperative, then perhaps a lessened punishment can be given (depending on the rule that was broken). If they tell us to "fuck off" and are otherwise belligerent, an attempt can be made to get them to calm down and come to the same understanding as the other example that they've broken the rules, and why they're being punished. They don't need to be happy, simply understanding that they've done something they weren't supposed to and these are the consequences. Persistent belligerence will likely lead to compounded punishment.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Playing as something like the Captain, Head of Security, or other security staff. Anything else that might get involved with antagonists, or if the admin themselves is an antagonist. Other roles and jobs may be case-by-case basis.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Don't be a prick. Make sure everyone gets along and follows the rules. Make sure everyone's having fun, and don't ruin others' fun (to the best of your abilities).

P.S. Your forum avatar limitations are awful and I had to draw my own avatar I hope you're proud >:c

Nethaufer

Re: [Granodd] Admin Application

Post by Nethaufer »

Quite well thought out reasoning, follows sensible logic. +1
Also our avatar limitations are the best, I get to have a loading wheel as my avatar.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

grandma used to be my boss

he was probably one of the only people who managed to temper my spicy rage against shitlords who thought they could get away with anything

so yeah
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
They're usually levelheaded and reasonable.
Good roleplayer on the RP server and doesn't get into trouble.
I don't see why not.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Not against it, though, you haven't been an "active" part of citadel long, and I wonder if it'd be best to wait until another wave sometime in the future to give you more time to acclimate to the community more fully. I'm gonna be on the fence for the next coming run.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Oh hey, I remember you! I'm 99% certain you've responded to my Mhelpies on Paradise in the past. You've definitely got knowledge on the game, that's for sure, and, I remember you being kind as well as patient. I'd love to have you around on the staffer team!

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hey there, doing a quick run of the forum and saw your application.

I believe you got ample support for your app so far and seem to have a lot of past experience, but I would just need you to get 1-2 approvals from the mins to make sure that your behavior remained the same (It's been almost one year since you made your app).

If they do still support it, I will gladly be favor of approving this application.

Godspeed,
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Don't think I have ever seen the ckey(on maint, at least) in my time as min as this is a very old application, so, -0.5 I guess. Disregard that if they show up on RP or are active in a very different timeframe relative to me.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hello Granodd. Thank you for applying for staff, but due to lack of activity on the server as of late, I'm going to have to deny your application. If your interest in playing/adminning on Citadel returns, feel free to apply again.