Skycave1 Moderator position application.

Skycave1

Skycave1 Moderator position application.

Post by Skycave1 »

BYOND ckey: Skycave1
Character name: Jim Sanders -
Discord username (+user id):Skycave1#9473
Reason for application: My reasoning for writing out this application comes from a curiosity of keeping order in a server, While yes the current staff team is quite good at their jobs, a few extra hands wouldn't help on a lesser scale. However the driving point was Kevinz recommendation of me in a staffing position on the server. Totally not a copy paste. I'm not going to make a promise to stay for long if I don't feel the position is for me, yet I would like to ask for assistance if this is accepted so I understand the position better.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

It depends on the altercation/context of the situation. But in both cases if it is lesser/greater, one would be seen to Admin PM the two or more players causing the fuss. If the altercation is one of 3+ people, and the argument is heated, going into LOOC would solve the issue quite sensibly. The best way would be to solve the issue as non-confrontational as possible. Bringing the least amount of people into the problem, as we are not to punish with public example.. On rare cases, going to an Admin and requesting they using an announcement to solve the problem should be on rare cases, and when the entire station is causing much of a fuss.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
To keep the situation as non-biased as possible. When a staff member is in a situation related to an A-help incident they would let the A-help go to another member of the staff team, or inform someone of equal/higher position to take action on the incident. Reacting to an A-help that you are envolved with would be bad for the image of you, and all of the staff team for letting it get by.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It depends on the rule in question. A repeat offender of say a rule like Don't be a dick/Other personal image rules could be banned for a period of time as seen fit by an admin or higher for a cool-down period of said player. A rule broken on accident could be seen as a mistake, and depending on the severity of the mistake, one would let them off with a warning, or a shorter ban duration lasting maybe up to one or two rounds. Repeat mistakes could be seen as an act of grief, or genuine player error, leading to a minor job ban if the mistake is related to an occupation on station, or a talking to, to get a better understanding of the mistake at hand. Bigger issues would be called to for admin support, as a ban/jobban should be spoken to with admins in an attempt to lessen/greater the ban duration as needed.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
This isn't a case I am too experience with, but I could assume in the case of ample staff already on server, giving maybe a more longed member of staff a small break to play the game and interact with players in a less than formal position. I would also guess in the case of events where a 'spare' staff member is playing in a more direct position, and needs to keep an eye on what they are doing.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To keep an unbias/calm opinion on admin-help situations, and keep a good image so the community has no quarrels with trusting you in a case. Support and contribute to other cases/server relation actions in an attempt to better the server, and be vocal about problems if they arise, or before if you spot a hint of turmoil. While it is not the job of staff to be perfect, and error will happen. The staff team is to fill eachother's weakness and take up where others may fault, be they player or staff.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Skycave1 Moderator position application.

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'm gonna have to give this a solid maybe. I'm certain you'll make a great observer with how often you're online, but, I don't feel you have what it takes to moderate. By that, I mean, take tickets, resolve situations appropriately and inform the fellow team of what's going on. To keep things short, I'm not sure you have the ability to be an effective member of the Admin Team.

Your application does remove some doubts in my mind, if your answers are anything to go by, but, given the way you've reacted to certain scenarios In Character (I'm not talking about event where you weren't to blame for acting the way you did; Xeno events come to mind), I'm referring to events such as when Zelda spawned in pizza. You know what came of that. :eye_roll:

Skycave1

Post by Skycave1 »

AvaricePleonexia wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 am
I'm gonna have to give this a solid maybe. I'm certain you'll make a great observer with how often you're online, but, I don't feel you have what it takes to moderate. By that, I mean, take tickets, resolve situations appropriately and inform the fellow team of what's going on. To keep things short, I'm not sure you have the ability to be an effective member of the Admin Team.

Your application does remove some doubts in my mind, if your answers are anything to go by, but, given the way you've reacted to certain scenarios In Character (I'm not talking about event where you weren't to blame for acting the way you did; Xeno events come to mind), I'm referring to events such as when Zelda spawned in pizza. You know what came of that. :eye_roll:
The only case incident I remember with Zelda and the spawning of Pizza was of in security where they desired to turn the processing area into a kitchen. I acted off of the subtle messages given by Zelda to dictate my actions there. If there was a clearer message given by Zelda, I'd have not taken the matter of that situation into a dark light. While funny, it was over the top to say it straight.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Sky's a decent lad yeah and they put their heart and soul into roleplaying.

That pizza "party" incident was out of character I guess as per a late night slow shift, I gave security pizzas and deep fryers among other things to entertain the crew with (the subtle messages were misread and ended up with what could only be described as a food eating contest between a snake and a human which then ended up with a couple pairs of half digested clown shoes)

Either way I'm giving this a nod of approval on my part

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I was one of the people pushing this person to apply
Recently they've been quite inactive. I don't know why I'm commenting for this but my vote's abstain due to that, as well as lack of recent observation from me. They've been decent for the most part in the past though, although there were fuzzy memories of some concerning things. Maybe when you're back and active.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi there, I'll be closing this app as it didn't manage to step up to the eyes of the administration and has now been up for way too long. You may re-apply at any time if you desire to.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.