[Ergo909] Admin application

Ergo9098

[Ergo909] Admin application

Post by Ergo9098 »

BYOND ckey: Ergo909

Character name: Annamarie Heinrich

Discord username (+user id): Ryka#1141

How long have you played on Citadel?: About 6 months by now

How long have you played SS13?: I have been playing SS13 for around 8 months by now

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CST (Central Standard Time) And Im usually on around for 3-5 rounds depending how long they last

Previous SS13 related admin experience: Was a former TGMC trialmin, was unable to advance further because of software and hardware issues

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: N/A

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevin has encouraged me to try and become staff, I guess he supports it?

Reason for application: Well I have been thinking about trying to become staff for quite awhile, I enjoy being on here as well as not minding to help people if they are new or have forgotten about certain things, most of my time has also been spent observing a round just to watch, I feel like most of my spare time from observing would help contribute to the server

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? I would ping them and question what is going on and happening, as well as asking for fellow admins for advice if something seems a tad hard to handle

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? From what I have been told when I was a trialmin from TGMC was to never deal with your own situation, it would be seen as abusing powers and such doing that

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? Examining a player's notes would help in the decision process but it also depends on what they did that broke the rule, if it was a honest mistake I would punish someone but also tell them what they did wrong and why they shouldnt do it again

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? Again on my time with TGMC we were told to deadmin in command roles, usually if it has to deal with the chain of command

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? An ability to keep a level headed mind,and to be professional and mature, especially on the RP server since it has times where salt is thrown and people try to purposefully get someone angry over something small, a fair amount of professionalism would be helpful to both players, and fellow admins alike

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Ergo909] Admin application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Not even gonna ask if I'd support your app? Smh.
Your answers are short and to the point, that's nice for someone like me who has to review the responses, but, also knowsthe applicant fairly well. Not so nice to the 'mins who just have judge this based on your responses ;)

At any rate, you've got the general idea of the questions down; there is another time in question four when an admin should de-admin, but, it's so brain dead obvious I'm certain you forgot it accidentally. If your question three is anything to go buy you'd fare better than some of the other trial-mins, checking player notes is very important whenever you decide to lay down the law. Severity of the punishment is also based on the recidivism of the player/attitude towards the rule they broke. Question one is awfully lackluster, but, that is precisely what you'd do. Soo... yeah.

Anyways, I support this application because Ryka/Ergo909 has proven themselves to be a fairly good player; someone who takes the roleplay environment of CitRP very seriously. Occasionally they might do something a little silly, such as choosing to fall off the cliff outside of all access airlock rather than taking the stairs back down; the important thing to note here is that the event is typically isolated and she takes care of her wounds without bothering the internal roleplay atmosphere of the station, (In other words, she's not a nuisance with her silliness at times.) They've played both head roles and standard positions in the station; Ryka's experienced with both leading and being led. They're self-aware, intelligent and definitely someone who is capable of making their own fun without expensing others

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

tfw they're one of the only people who plays antags in a way that's fun
good roleplayer and a good person in general
+1

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Rejiih covered my reasons for giving this a +1 very well. Would be happy to see you as an admin.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Solid player, bit cute. +1

Ergo9098

Post by Ergo9098 »

Could my application be sent to denied please? The reason I am asking is because I have no working computer at the moment, my old computer funnily enough broke a week after the application was made, so please send this to denied thanks

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

All right, moved.

EDIT: To be clear, you're free to resubmit this application when you have a working computer.