Trilby Admin Dreams Mk II - Moderator addition

Trilby Space Clone

Trilby Admin Dreams Mk II - Moderator addition

Post by Trilby Space Clone »

BYOND ckey: TrilbySpaseClone <-- Yes this is correct
Character name: Lilly Trilby / Talks-A-Lot / Miss Trilby
Discord username (+user id): Trilby#4809
Reason for application: To get that xp for admin ship, and to show off my ability to be good as a admin in the days of Tomorrow
Really just to help out with higher pop and such, try out this hole "Admin-diet" stuff and get a good feel if this is what I wish to do in my free time or not

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:
Sure thing
1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
If its ICly I would ask them to stop and take it into LOOC or to move on
If its in LOOC I would monitor it and maybe give them a small bowink to move on or such if its really a problem
If is in OOC then mite give them a bowink telling them to hecking stop and deal with it ICly within reason or bring it into LOOC
If its really becomes a problem worth a small time out ill handle it as such - I.e maybe if they were to get upsettie and rant occ/looc do a quick mute for the time being, or if its still in IC give them a small time ban (Again if its really that big of a problem)
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
I would handle what I can well phoning/Discording in a privet channel that a real admin mite wish to come on to handle the problem.
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Mostly based on the happens stands, noting most small things that were out of reason as well as a warring to tell them they have messed up.
Other times if it was bad and such, a small time out as stated in Admin-Ban tables easily available to us
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they are acting in Sec/Antag/command. Or if a admin help is against them to call in a second admin to look the case.
5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Good question 10/10 would ask again
Perhaps its to be able to be fair and just to anyone as you wish to be treated.
Maybe it is to be bought out by someone?
Who really knows?
But my exception is to be nice to people, understanding of the problem at hand and being able to help the problem as quickly as possible. As well as to be able to fill out basic paper work and logging of the problem, and last of all to always be clear and unambiguous well helping or dealing with people, fully explaining the problem or reason for action. Being able to take criticize and not to hold any ill will to others.
6. What problems or such will you have as a moderator on Citadel?
Once, time zone and being active as I wish to be.
Second, my grammar is rather poor and may lead to problems when talking.
Third, perhaps low xp in this field and dealing with problems out side of clear cases.
Forth, similar to second and third, being able to properly handle a investigation within a timely matter
7. Why do you want to be apart of the Citadel team?
Been around for a long time, its been a dream of mine to be apart of something, its writing in the stars that one day ill get my captains bars, I just haven't gotten training or hands on xp for it yet.

kevinz000

Re: Trilby Admin Dreams Mk II - Moderator addition

Post by kevinz000 »

-1 due to language reasons, i'm sorry.

Trilby Space Clone

Post by Trilby Space Clone »

@Kevinz its kk After all I have stated it as a weakness of mine

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

The language barrier is the only reason I have to give this a -1. Your responses need to be clear and concise as an admin, which I don't believe you can do at this time. I'm sorry

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

I will piggy back off of the -1's and give you a -1. You have made an honest to god effort to recently help with the language, but it's fallen off again. In a few weeks or so, if it's improved, I'd be more than happy to give you a thumbs up.

EDIT: I feel like it's been sufficiently been improved since I made this post. There's a consented effort and I'm changing my answer.
I'm now giving a +1.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi Lilly,

As I told you personally, I really really think you're prob one of the most genuine players around here and only want the server to prosper and prob dedicated more time to Citadel then anyone around here. Yet, the language barrier really is hyper important as admin, you require to be coherent in your ahelps. I feel bad having to give such answers, but I'll 100% +1 you if you work on that, as every other mins told ya.

Good luck catto,
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

Honestly, I'll throw my +1 in likewise.
Despite the "goofy" impression most people have of the player, Trilby can actually both write and reason well, if they want to.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Unfortunately I'm going to have to go with the language barrier too as sometimes you need to be able to convey what you mean effectively as well as understand what the other person is trying to get across and I don't feel confident that you'll be able to do so. -1

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

The language barrier, and, your attitude/the response you took towards elves being beyond childish has completely demolished any support you might've gotten from me. I, personally, don't believe you have what it takes to be a staff member for Citadel.

Soulstolen

Post by Soulstolen »

It's hard for me to make a truly concise decision on this as I for one, support you in mant ways and you and I have been through quite a bit. You have personally taught me many things about the game and you have always been overall helpful to the community. With this though I have a few points to make though.

Language Barrier: As stated by yourself and other admins, being clear, cut, and to the point with many things is key to success as an admin, or even a moderator. As staff you want to make sure the point gets across and unfortunately you lack that. If this is something that could improve, then I feel there would be little issue in accepting you in.

Character: Very helpful and a good guide to the community, as I said before, none of my interactions with you have been bad in any way. In game you are very helpful and out of the game you actively contribute your time to making guides and better the server in general.

Playstyle: Now personally it's unfair to use this as a main point, but it's something I do want to bring up. On quite a few occasions I have seen you personally get the captains spare and start doing everything, even when there is security or others that may be above you. Granted you never did bad, you only ever did it to help the station, such as getting RnD maxed, setting up power, and mining, all things that benefited the people and you did the work. Most cases this is good, other times though you are seen intruding in engineering when other engineers are there; let them fuck up, they need to learn. Again I feel this point isn't worth at all being made a MAIN point, but it deserves some insight. Overall, I would simply suggest sticking to your job and yours only unless absolutely needed. [Obviously this is on main we are talkimg about]

The Application: To be blunt it's medicore at best, I don't feel you put real time and effort into it, and overall almost seems slapped together. The level of memery in a way such as it being a dream and overall some lack of seriousness. At times it feels you aren't quite certain of your answers and having too much doubt in your own application gives it that lack of professionalism.

Conclusion: Others may disagree and some may agree, I stand by my point in that you are a great person with a good attitude for staff, your childness isn't an issue to me because you don't let it interfere with your work. Your playstyle could improve as it can be a bit powergame-ish at times, but the real issue is the language barrier. I think there will most certainly be a time where I'll be giving you a plus one, but as of now, I have to give you a -1.