Moderator Application - RisingStarSlash

StellarWolf

Moderator Application - RisingStarSlash

Post by StellarWolf »

BYOND ckey: RisingStarSlash
Character name: Stellar Wolf, Amethyst, Regina Nikolatz, Estra Folf, Guy.X02
Discord username (+user id): Stellar The Choco-Wolf#3063
Reason for application: As of a lot lately I have noticed a lot of problems that have happened. Occasionally their isn't even an admin online to deal with them, and folks think they can use that as a reason to break rules. This isn't entirely the reason for my attempt to apply, my other reason is because of the occasional problems seen about in discord and/or in the server directly (Whether OOC based or just something akin to the first point I mentioned.) Either way, I wish to lend my aid to the admins if given that ability. My love for this community never has left that position, and I wish to see it succeed as long as possible.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Mute the discussion and run through the chat logs as to of what caused it. Regardless as to what is seen, staying neutral to the incident and adjust accordingly depending on if any rules were broken or not. If a resolution is possible without pressing any actions, or if it is meant for forums/staffforums, suggest the party take it there instead.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Not to get involved with your own Ahelp, either if it is against you or made by you. Provide the truth to the admin that is dealing with your issue and let them handle it and press a decision.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

It depends entirely if they done similar issues to what they are getting in trouble with before or not. If they have past notes regarding their behavior, then a more harsher sentence would be needed since they didn't learn from their previous note/ban. If no note or ban is listed, go by the severity of the infraction and their attitude. If they are showing high disrespect, adding to the notes of the remark would most likely be needed as a reference.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

It depends if whether it is the Main or Roleplay server. With main, if you are a head position or an antag, you would be required to remove your admin abilities. With roleplay, an admin is needed all around, especially with events. Also to note is the fact that admins are unable to readmin themselves on RP without another admins help.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Understanding of how to deal with issues, a constant clear mind to take in each and every piece of information and providing a firm response to each and every issue. Not holding back if an issue is severe enough to require harsh punishment while also removing each and every biased thought and letting a players note history and general admin decision do the deciding.

DiscordWizard

Re: Moderator Application - RisingStarSlash

Post by DiscordWizard »

After having played in the rp server with you around some rounds for a while now, I've noticed that you've become more serious and cool headed both ic and ooc, and after responding correctly to these five questions I'm certain you can make a good addition to the moderator team since you are both active on the server for a good lenght of time and willing to help. This is a +1 from me to see how you will do.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

going to be blunt:
you've had a long history with the whole metacliche/peer pressure/bad decisions coming out of it/jumping into decisions to again to say it bluntly, white knight.
all of these are absolutely unacceptable for staffmembers when the staff team is expected to be unbiased and neutral at all times, which is humanly impossible but is something strived for.
i hate judging people for the friends they make (considering I have quite a number of admittedly not so great friends myself) but i see it necessary if they're in my eyes constantly jumping to their defense and getting involved in their drama personally without full context.
how do you plan on addressing these concerns.
-1, unfortunately. Sorry.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Kevin,

I fully understand my history with the server before I even made the application and know that it would heavily affect judgements of what others think of me. The drama I have been brought into by friends have been heavily my fault (I clearly remember being involved with Flynn to be a hard hit against me). And while I am pressing to change that and am avoiding getting close to the drama folks dish out as best that I can, the only true thing I can do here is attempt to make folks get past my history and see me change for the better.

Local Slime Awoo, Stellar.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Honestly I don't know much about you, but I don't feel you can be trusted not to be influenced to compromise some important things that admins have to hold sacred. Personally I think you are a good person, just not good for staff - 1

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Geemiesif,

Thanks for responding to my app! My history of giving out private info has been a horrible haunting factor on my standing with the admins, and I fully understand that has a massive impact on me in every way. That said, I do intend to keep my mouth shut if I were to ever get a position in the staff workings. I fully understand what happens if I were not to (as well if I were to ever pull a stunt as I had before.).

Local Slime Awoo, Stellar

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'd rather you not be staff, Stellar. For various reasons. I'm only bothering to write out a response to be fair to all the applications, but, I'd rather not waste time telling you what you already know. I will not support this due to your inability to overcome peer pressure, as well as the aforementioned reasons listed by Kevinz and Reece.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Avarice,

I understand entirely! Going in and making this, I already knew whatever past events I got into would have a massive impact on me. Being real here, I've had a colorful history that even dates back to main. Kevin would know all to well of the mix-mash of drama that I've gotten into, just ask him. Personally talking off not just the meta=clique Flynn deal, but also the whole leaking incident involving a banned admin (Which subsequently gotten another admin banned for leaking.). Honestly, I am perfectly fine if I do not get any staff positions at any point. Things have been hectic when my username is mentioned in any form of context. For the most part, I don't intend malicious things whenever my events are done, they have just been too much and based around either anger or that whole smug bull that I had for some reason during my main prime time.

Local Woof, Stellar