[Carl248] Moderator Application

Carlos248

[Carl248] Moderator Application

Post by Carlos248 »

BYOND ckey:Carl248
Character name: Carlos Solano, Benedict Swiftrunner, Henry Haddock, Calvin Reid
Discord username (+user id): Carl#7786
Reason for application: To gain experience as a problem solver, to make citadel RP a better place, and to help remove some of the stress on admin by helping mediate lesser problems.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? I would take them aside and learn both their sides of the story and why they feel that way. Once so I'd see if they are willing to speak to eachother in a polite manner, with me as the mediator, and see if an agreement can be reached between them. Often I find a level head in a heated argument helps calm the situation.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? Any admin personally involved in a problem that requires admin intervention should take a step back, realize what it is, and call in a unbiased party. In this case a different admin.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? Consideration of past offenses, attitude toward the rule breaking, intent behind it, should all be considered before making a judgement. Sometimes it really is just a mistake on their part and a simple reminder is sufficent.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? Any time a position or event takes their attention away sufficently to impact their responsibility of being an administrator.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? Professionalism above all. Handling a situation and the responsibilities of duty with a level head and unbiased opinions should be something everyone strives for. Politeness, respect, and an air of confidence are all things that help put people at ease.

kevinz000

Re: [Carl248] Moderator Application

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 good dude

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Very brief responses make me :thonk:

They answer the question, for sure, but, I'd like a bit more articulation when it comes to staff applications. Anyways, I'm on the fence about this app. You're a good guy and a good player, if a bit harsh in tone at times. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting the meaning of your text. Very, very lukewarm support. If there was some arbitrary number to give that would help visualize my support, it'd be at about +0.1

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Good thing.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Yeah nevermind. Rescinded my +1.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hey there. Thank you for applying, but due to lack of activity on the server as of late, I'm going to have to deny your application. If your interest in playing/adminning on Citadel returns, feel free to apply again.