Character name: Charlie Kirkson
Discord username (+user id): henlo#5906
How long have you played on Citadel?: 3 Years
How long have you played SS13?: 4-5 Years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT - work shift dependant
Previous SS13 related admin experience: -
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: -
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000
Reason for application: I want to help with the server I play and the community I've grown to love.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Ask them politely to take it to DMs, close OOC if it causes a massive argument involving more than the first and second person, allow the server to chill for 10-20 minutes. If they're known as repeated OOC trouble makers it's probably best to ask your fellow mins if they think an OOC ban is warranted in the situation.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Ahelp it so it can be logged down, we need to be able to see why something has happened so that the admin handling it doesn't get into trouble. Remember that if you directly deal with a situation that you're involved with it's showing bias, we're all biased to a degree so I can't even argue that I wouldn't act in such a way. I'd say this changes if they're blatantly killing everyone as a non-antag or have just blown you and a ton of other people up then disconnected as a non-antag (roughly the same thing)

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Read their notes incase they're a repeat offender, ask people who've dealt with them before. Read the logs to see if they've said anything that could contribute or detract to their offense e.g see if their 'self defense' was justified, ask other players that were involved in the combat logs(if any) what went down, check fingerprints on stuff used to make sure you have solid evidence it was them. If they've repeatedly stolen from high security areas on high-population hours for no reason then it's pretty fair to give them a harsher punishment than say someone who took the captains ID to change their job to engineer when there are none about and maybe 3-4 players online (Rare, but it happens.)

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If there are other capable admins online and they want to play the round (if they're not needed), if they've gotten an antagonist role or midround spawn such as ninja- unless of course they're doing a trader event and need to spawn things. If they're not in the right mindset to answer your questions or reply to ahelps e.g they're typing in all caps and are clearly distressed, it may be worth considering asking the player to calm down and if they aren't willing to give them a temporary kick until they've managed to get ahold of their emotions.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To make a good impression for our community through kindness and maturity, nobody's going to want to play on the servers if the admins are rude and refuse to help people who need it, though I've never seen this all the admins we currently have are really helpful. Tolerance, there will always be people who are willing to push the line or even go out of their way to make you feel uncomfortable or upset and that's not just griefers or random players who join off the hub, a degree of empathy is needed too, the players of Citadel are human too they have feelings not everyone is a heartless robot despite what they play, a lot of the time the feelings people portray in their reports or general chatter are genuine, we've all been there fuming at something that's happened during a round, or been upset about somebody ruining our fun with something they might find fun, it's all about combining the tolerance side, maturity and empathy to deal with things as they come up, but don't take things too strict even if you're an admin you can still enjoy the server, game and people who play alongside you.

Closing statement: My answers aren't the longest and I'm sorry for that, I'm not sure on some of the questions as I haven't worked very much in the SS13 administration field. I know I've tried to apply for places on the staff team many times in the past and I'm known for my stupid personality, but, I'm trying to work towards becoming more serious so I can help out with this server I spend a lot of time here and I've been given so much by the lovely community and it'd be nice to finally give back. Be that as it is, if you don't think I'm quite the material you're looking to shape into staff yet that's fine, I'm more than happy to wait a couple more months and apply again I personally believe I have taken many steps since I first started.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: RoyalKurwa - Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Wow. You didn't even ask me if I'd support your application.

A n g e r y.

Charlie, I totally would've agreed to support your application if you'd ask, but, hey now, I can still voice my support here! Over the course of the nine months I've been here, I've seen this little doggo change for the better. They're not at all a bad player. Behind the dumb stuff they get up to at times, there is a person with genuine interest in helping people. Specifically, in helping the community and the levity of said community. I don't think anyone can disagree with me here: Charlie never fails to put a smile on your face, or, a mirthful smirk at her antics. They're the kind of person who can detoxify altercations, and, they're the kind of person who can make Citadel a nicer place by leading through example.

Your answers to the questions are exemplary. Definitely someone I would love to see on the team; if not for their attitude, then for the unique and insightful perspective they bring to the table.

RoyalKurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

I'm sorry, Avarice.

I'm totally new to the whole application support format, I've been trying for ages when we haven't had this if I had known I could ask for supporters I would have asked you and maybe a couple other people! That being said, thank you for your support and positive comments about me, it really means the world to me to hear that my antics brighten up your day and that you believe in me as a person to make an impact.

Should I get into the team I very much look forward to working with you and countless other people I interact with on a daily basis.

Charlie.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

I'd love to see you give this a shot +1

RoyalKurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

Thanks for the support, buffalowing! I appreciate it! I'd equally love to give this a shot.

Kered

Post by Kered »

Hey there, Charlie.

Your answers appear to be the sort of material we're looking for, and with the degree of exposure I've had to you both before I've been an admin and during my time as one you've acted as a consistently positive influence that I believe would make an excellent contribution to the team. Your ability to act aloof always makes me smile, yet I've seen you be serious and down to earth when the situation calls for it. As Avarice has also said, your viewpoint on things could provide a unique insight into the issues we face, and I think you would make a good member of the admin team.

RoyalKurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

Hello there, General Kered!

I'm glad to hear my answers are sufficient, I spent a while considering each one and tried my best to get em down, it pleases me to no end that you see me as a positive influence and believe that I can spread that among the playerbase from a staffing position. I think a good mix of the two helps the gears keep turning and while recently I have been trying to turn more to the serious side- I'll try and get a good balance of both. I hope to prove the worth of my views should I make the cut and with some on the job learning I think I could take a good shot at it!

gypsyShark

Post by gypsyShark »

Yeah ok +1
In all seriousness I think you'd be pretty good. Now that said I haven't seen you play in months so I do not know what the changes are that people of speak of, since I'm not on RP at all these days, but if you have changed for the better than that only strengthens my support for you. I know you and remember you from way back when I first came to this server and I remember you wanting to help the server.
I'd be delighted to have you as trialmin.

RoyalKurwa

Post by RoyalKurwa »

I doubt this would have gone through either way but thanks for all the replies currently my IRL situation is eating me alive im getting upwards of 40 hours worth of work, most of which being night shifts, so it's burning my drive to play any sort of videogame at the moment. Cheers, time for long hiatus 2 electric boogaloo.

tl;dr move to denied please

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Will do.