peesh's other application, for mod

peesh

peesh's other application, for mod

Post by peesh »

BYOND ckey: Peesh
Character name: Moscovium I, the now-defunct Carter Baskett (since some remember me for him instead, mosco is new)
Discord username (+user id): peesh#2807
Reason for application: Kevinz, flump, and Bhjin told me to. A precursor to maintainer, if I ever get that far.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Honestly, depends on how aggressive it is. If its two players calling each other retards and saying they should off themselves, then obviously I'm gonna politely tell them to stop, and that whatever the issue is can be resolved as a player complaint (if it can be). If its a "hey youre doing chem wrong" kinda situation, and its mostly civil, probably leave it, keep an eye out. Basically, I'd try and keep IC as IC. Taking shit to OOC arguments is annoying for everyone.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
A kinda vague question, then again I'm pretty tired. Since this is for mod, I'd hazard a guess at "please help me admin this is above me" since I'd only really carry the ability to kick/ban, as far as I know. Though, if it's something within my jurisdiction, if thats a good word for it, I'd uh, probably do what seems appropriate. I'll probably need training for this. This question boggles my mind for some reason, sorry.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Probably severity of offense, if it's a repeat offense, or if there's multiple rulebreaks. If a person accidentally does a bit of "lol idk" IC then realises the mistake, probably nothing. If someone bombs security for the fifth time that week, and somehow isn't banned, then yes. Ban the shit out of them.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Playing a game-affecting role, eg. security, command, as to avoid bias/metainfo from admin communications.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be a good image of a player, and to follow the rules they uphold. Also, mostly, not be a fucking idiot.

buffalowing

Re: peesh's other application, for mod

Post by buffalowing »

Great contributor, and I definitely support more codermins. It's my opinion that contributors are much more likely to be invested in this community from their hours and hours of improving the code. Also active community member, and the easiest +1

peesh

Post by peesh »

buffalowing wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 pm
Great contributor, and I definitely support more codermins. It's my opinion that contributors are much more likely to be invested in this community from their hours and hours of improving the code. Also active community member, and the easiest +1
highkey flattered, thanks homie when do i get a buffy kiss

and yeah, honestly, ive got a bit more investment than id probably like with citadel. creating phoronoids kinda cemented that, now im the phoronoid guy. i like it, i like the community. i just wanna be able to do a bit more than shitpost and code a species, plus i keep getting told to, so why not

Kered

Post by Kered »

Hello, Peesh.

Whilst the answers to your questions are not exactly a shining beacon of what we hope to find, I understand the reasoning for your application is to prove yourself. Considering your dedication to helping with the code, and the rapid pace of your work (including masterminding plasma-men) I do believe that, if you funneled some of that potential into being a moderator, you could be a genuine help to the community. I'll express my support for your application, and I'm curious to see how you do.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Peesh is a good boy and I honest think he would be an awesome moderator. +1 from squirrelmin

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

While I advise you against becoming a moderator because it's the most unfun thing ever, I also support you, because you're a good boy.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

God, Peesh. It almost looks like you're not even trying with this application; then again, as you said in the application itself, you were tired :')

Anyways. You're a clown at heart. Do I think this is something we need? It might be. In the end though, I have to consider your past deeds when deciding whether or not to support you joining the staff team. I'll have to say yes. You've proven yourself to be reliable, humorous, knowledgeable and integrous. Qualities I like to see in all my peers.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Bump.

peesh

Post by peesh »

is it legal to bump this myself

bump

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

He's rep now so gonna put this over in denied.

Totally would've done it though but I'm big stinky.