ApexAnomalist Admin Application

ApexAnomalist

ApexAnomalist Admin Application

Post by ApexAnomalist »

BYOND ckey: BudKnight
Character name: Renson Kirtz
Discord username (+user id): Nevermore Raven#8944 (Or so I think, for some reason when people put it in, it says I don't exist.)
How long have you played on Citadel?: Approximately five months now since January or February with a very short amount of time about a year ago.
How long have you played SS13?: On and off for almost two years now, I believe. With the last five months or so the longest consecutive times playing it without taking a break.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Pacific Standard Time, generally from about 10PM-4AM.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Four years or so owning and running my own popular, at the time, roleplay server on Garry's Mod while also being an admin for a few on and off for a few months both before and after owning my own.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A
Reason for application: A fair amount of bellyaching seems to have come from people I have spoke with in the past about the current administration present on Citadel. While I have experienced my own minor inconveniences, they mostly seemed ot stem from the lack of administration online at my time. If anything, the main reason may be due to wanting to both help out something I enjoy spending my time on and to be there during hours in which some administration may not be able to properly respond.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Under the assumption that these two players were having an altercation in the OOC chat, I would warn both the players to move the conversation or argument to a less public place, advise DMs. If the problem persisted and the players continued their altercation a OOC mute may be called until both have cooled off. Finally, if that does not work, a proper kick would be next and from then on following basic repeat offending punishments. If the altercation had arisen from something in round, however, an investigation may be in order as to find out the cause of the altercation and punish any possible rule breakers.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Assuming I'm clearly understanding what the question entails, the best possible course of action for solving the situation which the admin was involved in would be to have another administrator or perhaps even a moderator come and pass their own judgement on the situation in order to protect from bias, of course. Any influence or judgement made by said administrator in said situation should not be taken into account on the final judgement.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The determination in one's punishment should come after considerable consideration has gone into which rules were broken and to what severity. As the determination of a punishment is not something that can be uniform. Punishments are flexible and only really change depending on the severity so one isn't overly punished on a technicality.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Again, assuming I'm understanding the question correctly, an administrator should de-admin themselves in cases in which they are an antag or any position where information, which could lead could metagaming, could possibly be leaked their way. As previously stated, a perfect example would be if the administrator was in an antag position.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
An administrator on Citadel is expected to provide fast and friendly service. A reason for people to continue to come back and to not be afraid of the staff. Each ticket submitted to administration should be taken seriously and answered within a reasonable time frame. Administration should also be expected to be courteous and professional in their dealings as they are here to serve the player base, not themselves.

HazelBailey

Re: ApexAnomalist Admin Application

Post by HazelBailey »

Unfortunately, I haven't seen you around enough to be able to say for sure if you'd be a good pick for an admin. Get some more time under you belt first, but for now, I'm gonna have to give this a -1

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

A shame I'm going to have to also not support this. I've seen you a few times around, but, not enough to definitively get a solid grasp of your character (By that, I mean you. Your person.)

Neinbox

Post by Neinbox »

Here I come again. This is not to be cruel in any way to the applicant and I really hope no hard feelings are felt, but as someone who has interacted with the applicant from an IC perspective, I feel I need to come forth and make some things aware for an application of this high of a position.

I've come to know Raven first in-character with their Kobold named Viik Getts (it's been a little, so forgive me for any mistakes). Things were pretty dandy, their character showed a lot of interest in mine, it was all good. But there was this odd pattern of where they'd show interest, and if my character wasn't interacting with them and instead was interacting with someone else when Getts was vying for my character's attention, Getts would do a 360 and start to treat my character like shit. Both me and my character was confused, it turned off my character from them, but there wasn't anything that hurt our feelings; it was just dismissed. Try again another day, right?

We started to do DM's with one another because there was a time that I felt bad for making their character possibly upset, and wanted to OOCly let them know that it was all IC, to apologize if it was OOCly making them upset (we all know there's a number here that operate as IC=OOCly, there's no lying about that), and that it was all organic. All was well, again. The chat turned casual, things were fine, again a lot of interest in the character and that's understandable, it's a fun game and there's this exciting mystery to solve in figuring out another character. I enjoyed the enthusiasm.

But then, things started to get uncomfortable. Raven made some comments that I let them know I wasn't really comfortable with, and they didn't seem to quite grasp why even though I explained to them why. I didn't exactly know them, we were just acquaintances, and they began to act a little too familiar with me such as giving me pet names that I didn't appreciate, and doing OOC roleplay. I kindly asked them to not, they made what seemed like a very rude comment in return and then backpedaled saying "it was just a joke" when I didn't respond, and became frustrated with me when I attempted to explain why I was uncomfortable and became upset when I said we weren't friends, that they couldn't use pet names with me, that we were mere acquaintances and that we simply needed to get to know one another before they could use either kind of humor with me. Such behavior was extremely repetitive and even though I told them time and time again that instant Disney relationships just don't happen and that in the real world it could take time and just needs a little patience, they got more and more frustrated with me every week that we weren't friends yet (we were literally just having brief passing conversations, which didn't contribute to much and I wasn't comfortable yet talking about my personal life due to the behavior) and that my character wasn't paying any attention to theirs and wasn't in a relationship either (similar reason, but also repetition of the same bipolar IC treatment of mine that they gave).

Why is it that what seems like a personal issue is being posted here? Because there's other people that have come to me to share the same grievances. Raven's characters showed interest in theirs, they tried to cozy up, it didn't quite work out the first few tries, they come into contact with the DM and things are friendly at first before turning weird and uncomfortable, then upsetting because Raven expects friendship and gets frustrated when they don't get their way. This has happened to several people that I know, but names are being withheld unless they'd like to personally talk here themselves. Tl;dr, Raven consistently shows undesirable IC and OOC behavior which are linked to one another that is both immature and unfitting for an admin position and I can see it easily becoming a very problematic situation.

Feel free to delete my post if it seems too personal, but I felt the need to make the current staff aware if any were still considering. And again, I have ZERO hard feelings to the player. If there was proof of positive and persistent change, I would happily support, but right now as I've said before to them, I highly suggest the player to work on their social skills and calm down with their overly-forward advances, and practice patience and understanding in others.
Last edited by Neinbox on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~N E I N B O X~

ApexAnomalist

Post by ApexAnomalist »

Hi there, whoever has the ability to do so. I suppose I should count the lack of attention this application received as a blessing. In the little more than one month since the application was submitted, my schedule has changed quite a bit in my life and even if I were to receive the position I doubt I could be as active as I'd like. That being said, to whom it may concern, I'd like to voluntarily pull my application from consideration. Thanks in advance.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Closed at your request.