Allakai's Admin Application

Allakai

Allakai's Admin Application

Post by Allakai »

BYOND ckey: Allakai
Character name: I have many (and they are all Tajara), but my most notable/ recognizable would likely be Sajiid Vihtori Al-Shakoor and probably Kaalii Rajaar-Akhii
Discord username (+user id): Allakai#1723
How long have you played on Citadel?: I have played Citadel close to about 7 months or so I believe, I started sometime in January.
How long have you played SS13?: September of 2018 is my best estimate. So nearly a full year of atmospherics simulator
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: I live on the western hemisphere, I live in the mid-west of the US, GMT-5. My general hours of activity can vary depending on the day or my life but I am more or less capable of being on nearly the entire day given it is the summer. When my college semester starts it will go down but I will still have time.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Admin experience on HaloStation 13/ Project UNSC, they use Bay Code if that means anything.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A
Reason for application: I have always thought about one day becoming a member of staff for Citadel. I enjoy the community despite the ups and downs. I really do enjoy playing here for what it’s worth. I have been a member of this community and attempted to be that of a person that is known to be thoughtful, considerate, and easy going. I often try to be very over the top and more goofy than I actually am, but don’t really expect people to take me seriously when someone really gets to know me I am a lot more quiet. Onto my actual reasoning for the application is that I finally feel as though it is time to give back to my community. I want to be helpful in every regard to the community that has put up with me for the several months I’ve been here.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
If it was in LOOC/OOC or Discord, I would first try to figure out the problem at first, if it is something small I would help the two come to a consensus and perhaps even agree with one another to calm them both down. If it is something wildly out of control and neither side are willing to back off I would make certain to let both know they need to cool off or take it to DMs. If they refuse such I would consult other members of staff and perhaps hand out a mute or a kick after several warnings if it gets too bad.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If an admin themselves is involved in something they are not to handle the situation whatsoever as they are to be treated like a player by other administration. They (the admin who is involved) would require another admin to handle the situation and handle it appropriately.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It would depend on several factors. Who are they, how old their account it, what they did, why they did, etc etc. The first would be to check the Ckey age to check if they are a new player to the server or not. The second would be to actually admin-PM them to begin the questioning. Depending on the severity of the rule breaking if would be held to scrutiny as well; however, ignorance is not an excuse to not know the rules. If it is a first offense and there was no real damage caused, then it would be a strong warning, a note, and finally another and very notable warning to the player and an explanation for what they did wrong. If the rule breaking is extreme then a temporary or even a perma ban would be an order along with a reasoning for the ban, what they did wrong, along with an attachment of the URL to the forum to appeal their ban. Communication is key and this would also be consulted with to other admins on their opinion on the end punishment.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
There are some circumstances in which an admin I believe must de-admin themselves. Either under the condition they are being investigated for something they had done (as to avoid playing favorites or skewing information) or simply the admin in question is mentally exhausted and does not have the ability to be an admin at that time and wants to play the round as a normal player.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Honesty, fairness, and reasonability. Honesty is something that is to be held in all walks of life may it be your job or to simply people you know. You need to be honest with people, not everything is going to be fair or easy to understand for some players. You must be honest when explaining what happened in an ahelp, talking to other players, and engaging with other staff. Fairness, the expectation that you are an admin. A member of staff and that you are to treat all players as equals. Under no circumstance must the fact you as an admin be abused to garner more friendship and to play favorites. Reasonability might be one that seems common sense, but sometimes it is not so common. Not everything is black and white. An expectation I would fully expect placed under myself as an admin would that I must be able to be reasonable in the matters of what is happening in a round, why it happened, who is doing what, and why they did it. These expectations I would hold very closely and strictly abide by them while at the same time being easy to talk to, caring, and of course an admin that is not difficult to approach if there is an issue
I cannot believe that worked. I wish I knew what I was doing.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Allakai's Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

You're a sweet person. You're pleasant to chat with, and, have a good head on your shoulders when it comes to writing lore for the cats. The only reason I'm going to not give this is my support, is simply due to how emotional you can get at times. You have moodswings. You know it, and, I'm sure almost everyone else who has seen you after a bad shift knows it. Part of administrating is keeping your cool even when everyone else is screaming/raging/crying/what have you. I like your answers, and, they're of high quality if at times retreading what everyone else says. (I especially like your response to question 5, "Honesty, fairness, and reasonability." And, "an admin that is not difficult to approach if there is an issue.") Not your fault, it's the questions that are at fault there.

Anyways, wish you the best.

Soulstolen

Post by Soulstolen »

I can't be sure what to say, honestly I agree alot with what Ava said, you are possibly one of my best friends and I know how you play in the Halo server am admin there. This server is different and so are its people, I would love to see you apart of the team, but at the same time I feel you'd be best being a player. Honestly I am very undecided on this and I respect you far too much to say no, but I also respect you far too much to say yes.

Allakai

Post by Allakai »

As it stands this application has not seen much attention for some time and I will be retracting it for some time until I can have some more experience and time on the server. Thank you for the comments, however.
I cannot believe that worked. I wish I knew what I was doing.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Moved to denied as app has been retracted