MoonTruther - Moderator Application

MoonTruther

MoonTruther - Moderator Application

Post by MoonTruther »

BYOND ckey: MoonTruther
Character name: Wyatt Jackson
Discord username (+user id): Moon Truther#7125
Reason for application: I've had some experience on Hippie-Station as a mentor, and i really didn't enjoy that experience for the simple fact that the sever is an overall toxic barrel constantly being stirred by admins and players alike. However the rather (shortish) time I've been on this sever, the staff and player-base alike as shown again and again that this sever is one that keeps their standards high, and i'm hoping that i can keep those standards high, if not raise them up. I'd also love to help people along the way while doing so. My long-term goal is to eventually apply for admin.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would attempt to contact both players privately, via a private message and attempt to evaluate the situation. If one (or both) of the players are upset about something i'll do my best to cool them off, reminding them that they are playing a 2D Space game, and that there is no need to be upset. I'd also attempt, if i deem it necessary, explain to both players the other persons point of view, and how they might view the current situation as upsetting, offensive, or whatever the issue might of been.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
An admin should attempt to contact another admin to deal with it, because their own personal bias may effect the outcome of whatever the situation is. If no other admin is available at the time i would suggest saving anything that may be related to the issue, for both parties (if not asking the involved player to also save stuff) and contact another admin whenever one is available, and give them the information you (and possibly the other person) saved.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
I would begin by attempting to judge the players intentions, for example if a player is flaunting the fact he managed to plasma flood the station, i highly doubt i would give them the benefit of the doubt. However if a player who just recently connected to the sever for the first time, shocked somebody with a door as an AI, and they were apologetic and unaware of how they did such a thing, it would probably help their case. I would also check their player notes, how long they have been playing, and stuff like that as well.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
In any role that could be benefited by meta gaming, or OOC knowledge, for example a colony director, any security personal, or any other head of staff. Any of those roles could exploit the OOC knowledge with or without malicious intent to abuse such information.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
I'm sure all staff on Citadel are expected to remain professional, doing their best to type with correct grammar and punctuation at all times. Refraining from insulting or otherwise being rude to either the player base or other staff-members.

Trojan_Coyote

Re: MoonTruther - Moderator Application

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Your answers seem almost there, but not quite. It's like you almost have a grasp of what staff needs to do in situations but again you're just not quite there. -1

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You just got a week headban on RP which is still in effect. Strong -1 from me, sorry.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I don't think you're the kind of staff material we're looking for. This application doesn't have my support.

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

I agree with the other admins here. On account of some information revealed to us, it's a HARD no. -999