[sishen1542] maintainer application

sishen

[sishen1542] maintainer application

Post by sishen »

Experience with Github: I pr super good on my cintiq (I'm a dentbrain who uses git desktop, though not against learning command line if need be)

Experience with BYOND: I've been on Byond for more than 7 years now, been developing on and off for the majority of the time. Early years were just typical sprite replacements.

Experience with SS13: Ditto, SS13 has been the only thing I've played on BYOND. Started on tg back in 2012 and moved to Cit ~4-5 months ago.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): I play main almost exclusively and would say my static is pretty well known and respected. I pride myself on knowing everything in the game and being able to share the wonders with other people.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: As stated, I've been playing ss13 for almost 8 years now so I feel I've got a pretty good grasp on game balance. I understand how busy the other maintainers are (life comes before video games, after all) but seeing new features and improvements just sit to the wayside is painful for players who are looking for new experiences.

Out of my 55 currently closed PRs, 47 have been merged. 2 were meme PRs closed (with good purpose) and 6 were me goofing up some commits/pushes. I'd say that a 100% record speaks volumes on its own, really. Two very meme-tier PRs have been controversial (masochism and ass slaps) but they're about as far as I would push the line, though very funny all the same.

Fractious

Re: [sishen1542] maintainer application

Post by Fractious »

Hi there, I didn't have a moment to respond yet, but I'd like to remind everyone that this isn't a place to make a complaint about another player. This is a maintainer application, go make a complaint form if you wanna do that.

Burger, this has all already been addressed to the administration team, this isn't the place to discuss about it.

I'll shortly make my actual response to your app, Sishen.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I think they'd be decent, although I don't know how active they are. They're a bit more /tg/ sided than me on the "IC issue vs baymin" admin/maintainer spectrum but I don't have a problem with them, I think they have relatively alright design/balance vision for the most part.

Can't comment on code quality due to lack of PRs though. Maybe if they were more active I can change my vote to a full +1.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi Sishen!

Sorry for the delay in my response to your application! I honestly believe you'd be a good candidate for Maintainer. You've been a bit inactive as of late in game, but Codewise you've been relevant for quite a while. They've done a good amount of quality PR's in the past and are always there to help out people, even myself when I made my first PR. They've shown to have a good hindsight of balance and have always been a quality player from my experience, despite a few issues with a certain player in the past.

+1 for me, but you do could be more active.

Godspeed.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hey there. Thank you for applying, but at this moment we are not looking for any more maintainers. If a spot opens up in the future, feel free to apply again.