GrayRachnid - Admin Application

Fractious

Re: GrayRachnid - Admin Application

Post by Fractious »

Hi Gray, after a good bit, here's my opinion on your application.

I think most people around here already know who you are, as you're quite /vocal/ about things and clearly enjoy to show your opinion. I genuinely think that you've got the experience and the skills for the role, and also can be quite professional in your approach to most stuff. You may be controversial at time, but I just think that you're a passionate person who truly just wants things to get better.

My only 'fear' would be how'd you interact with the rest of the team, as you've already explained in the past your concern with the current administration team. But if you pledge to behave properly, I'm all for this application.

+1

Have a good one.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

From what few interactions I've had with you, you seem to push hard for a "My way or no way" method. Which, doesn't particularly work for me . You also seem to be far too persnickety about unimportant aspects of situations . Your answers to the questions are good and all, but, I'm not sure you'd be able to adjust your opinion or settle for compromise. I personally can't endorse it fully due that perception. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but such perceptions are hard to shake. +.25 . Can't fully discredit your answers are good , but I don't see you working alongside the rest of us that well.

Dapnee

Post by Dapnee »

At first, I thought you were quite suffocating in terms of your thoughts of administration, which was why I didn’t initially reply here. Overtime you’ve stepped back a bit and I’ve had good interactions with you. Your AI work is almost the best and you’re a competent head of staff, roles critical to the game, showing an understanding of rules and leadership. From your previous administration work and from what I’ve watched in game, I feel you’d be a good admin here as well if given the chance.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Personally, I haven't interacted with you much in the past year or so, due to my job taking over my life. However, I still lurk on the forums and discord quite a bit and unfortunately I must say I see you getting into high profile arguments with admins in a rather negative way, bordering if not crossing the line into admin man bad territory. So my concern is not with your qualifications, your admin history is pretty impressive, but of getting along with the current admin team.

Your answer for #4 in my opinion is a bit lackluster, you make no mention of de adminning during round vital roles to avoid metagaming, and seem to think having no admins active on the server is unacceptable. We have an irc chat that admin helps are forwarded to, in the case that there are no active admins.

Overall, I have to say as of now, with your attitude and behavior that I have observed, I cannot support this app. -1

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

Trojan_Coyote wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:13 pm
Personally, I haven't interacted with you much in the past year or so, due to my job taking over my life. However, I still lurk on the forums and discord quite a bit and unfortunately I must say I see you getting into high profile arguments with admins in a rather negative way, bordering if not crossing the line into admin man bad territory. So my concern is not with your qualifications, your admin history is pretty impressive, but of getting along with the current admin team.

Your answer for #4 in my opinion is a bit lackluster, you make no mention of de adminning during round vital roles to avoid metagaming, and seem to think having no admins active on the server is unacceptable. We have an irc chat that admin helps are forwarded to, in the case that there are no active admins.

Overall, I have to say as of now, with your attitude and behavior that I have observed, I cannot support this app. -1
Thanks for the feedback Trojan, and I appreciate your opinion and post on my application!

As for my answer to question #4, I replied to it more properly in another post prior in this thread.

In regards to me being an 'admin man bad' person, I can promise with chatlogs to back it up that I have severely toned down that attitude. I am not an admin man bad person but I will call out admins when I feel necessary. Yes, admins are humans can commit mistakes. However, this does not make them immune from criticism. I hope you understand!

I am quoting my earlier post in regards to question #4 below.
GrayRachnid wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:39 pm
Hi, sorry about the lackluster answer to question 4. You're right, I could have explained further and i'll do so now. Here's when I think admins are allowed to de-admin.

If they are playing a non-essential role and there are other admins online(service, science, mining, assistants.) I consider Engineering, Medbay, Security, Silicons, and all heads of staff as pretty essential roles. While some rounds engineering and medbay could be quiet enough to re-admin, that's not always the case. If you're going to participate in the round, your focus should be on playing the round. This is all in the context of other admins being around. Security, Silicons, and any Head of Staff should not be played unless you confirm that an admin can stay around while you de-admin and play. These roles play vital portions in the round and should be kept away from any admin-information that could accidentally show on your chat log. While you do learn to not meta-game information you receive as an admin(hell, I get meta-information as a mentor too sometimes) it is still better to completely de-admin while playing important roles.

If no admins are online, I don't consider de-adminning an option. If the only admin has to leave while you're de-adminned and playing a vital role, i'd cryo out and re-admin to take their spot.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Hm. Don't recall seeing you actively play here anymore, so a -1 from me as of now. Though, if you did, I'd give this a 0.5 since I see you as at least good enough to to give you a trial.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hello, thank you for applying for staff. Unfortunately, I'm going to be declining your application. While it's generally understood that you have good history as admin on other servers, notably Yogstation, I can not in good conscience accept your app, partly due to lack of activity, but also because a good few admins are against your application, and I do not believe you would mesh well with the current admin team, due to your history of getting into high profile arguments with some of them on the Discord. I know you mean well, but something like that can really leave a bad taste in people's mouths for a long time afterwards. That being said, feel free to apply again in the future, maybe when things have calmed down.