Katlantic - Moderator Application

katlantic

Katlantic - Moderator Application

Post by katlantic »

BYOND ckey: Katlantic
Character name: Sierra Quetzal
Discord username (+user id): kat#9200
Reason for application: Recently I've noticed there's a lack of staff online during certain hours of the day. I believe I can fix that. Due to my wacky sleep schedules and me only taking a few classes, I'm available pretty much whenever. I think I could help fill the gaps when there's no admins online.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

I would tell them to take it somewhere else. It's likely something that can be handled privately. If it's something that's not a rules
violation, it should be taken elsewhere.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

They should obviously not get involved in their own issues. Contact another admin who can view the situation from an impartial
view, and provide any required information.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Both severity of the offense and any prior offenses. If someone's done the same things multiple times, it's likely they need stricter
punishment. On the other hand, someone's first offense should likely just be a note or a short ban as long as they didn't do
something terribly heinous.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Whenever they're playing a role that can have an effect on the round. Playing low-impact roles while adminned is fine, but high
impact roles should mean they de-admin themselves.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Respectfulness and professionalism. I hope I can espouse these two values enough for me to be acceptable.

Dapnee

Re: Katlantic - Moderator Application

Post by Dapnee »

From my memory of interactions in discord alone (sorry if we have interacted in game and I forgot) you seem collected and are fun to interact with. I’d be up for you getting a shot at moderating.

+1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Does not have the right mindset for administration from what I've seen. Too emotionally attached where it matters to be not emotionally attached, and I hate to say this but the way you leave feedback on certain things makes me hesitant on you being in a position of power.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

You're nice and pleasant sometimes, but you have proven to have a few questionable opinions here and there that makes me wary . IIRC I didn't percieve the best of intentions when you first made your application, but, of course, it's been months. I can't really support this at present. Plus, you've not been exceptionally active as of late. (also, we're phasing out moderator positions entirely, so not super sure if you want this application staying as is or not)

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I dunno. I vaguely recall seeing you in game from time to time, but I can't pinpoint any specific moments in my brain case. I have and do remember seeing some of what you say on the Discord, and it occasionally leaves a bad taste in my mouth, other times it doesn't. I'm very much so on the fence.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

God this application is old. Either way, as of now, don't think I've seen you on the server too much recently and / or don't have seen enough of you in general to support this. Sorry, -1

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, due to lack of support, I am going to be declining your application. Feel free to apply again in the future if you wish.