[Seris02] Moderator Application

Seris

[Seris02] Moderator Application

Post by Seris »

BYOND ckey: Seris02
Character name: (Alters/Shifts/Creates/Fixes/Suspends/Ends/Bends/Breaks/Studies)-The-Realities, Essont, Seris, Alabaster/Finnel Quentin, Sin, Virtue, Mekka, Cozique, Ytari Skavoska, Kenaka, Psion, Sianna, Quesu Ommilota, Arin Keiver, Synacle Dharsk, Tizien, Fennem Vrasi
Discord username(+id): Nebula#1431
Reason for application: I've seen a distinct amount of shifts with no admins/moderators on that can solve things, and I've been thinking of applying for moderator a bit already. I really just want to help people and stop arguments/solve arguments. Helping people is one of the reasons I asked to be a mentor, and I think I can do a better job of helping people as a moderator. I'll also be available very often on SS13 for the next few months at the very least. Those few months have now passed, but I should still be available at the times when most admins aren't on.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
First of all, I would ask both of them to take it to DMs, and if they can't, to solve it quickly. If they don't, I would mute one or both of them for a bit, and unmute them after a bit. If it's a rules problem, I would ask both sides their stories and see if there was anyone else involved who can tell another side, then give my verdict.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
I would ask another admin to resolve it instead, as I don't think anyone can be completely unbiased when they themselves are involved. It also depends on the severity of the situation, if I would need another admin involved. Something like: "[Seris02] stole a beret from my head, against the rules" would be easily solved and not need another admin, whereas something like: "[Seris02] was killing me multiple times for no reason" would definitely require another admin's intervention.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
First of all, I would look at their notes, to see if they've done anything like it previously. If they have, give them a more severe sentence than what they previously received. If they hadn't, and it isn't severe enough of a rule break to merit an instant ban, I would give them a warning and a note on that matter.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they're playing a role that has impact on the round, such as security or a head role, or an antagonist, they should de-admin themselves. If they think they'll be tempted to use the info ingame, they should also de-admin themselves. If it's a guaranteed green shift, then I think it should be up to the admin whether or not they should de-admin themselves, as there would most likely be quite a few ahelps on rule breaks/other things.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be calm and collected when dealing with ahelps and anywhere else, to actually follow the rules that they enforce, and to respond to any arguments with impartiality.

Edit: Might take back this moderator app as there seems to be quite a few more admins on than usual lately.
Last edited by Seris on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redtail

Re: [Seris02] Moderator Application

Post by Redtail »

Whew I can't beleive no one's responded to this. I recognize some of the characters you play. However, I can't really ...think of any negative aspects about your behavior. You're active, off the top of my head I don't have any strong opinion about you , one way or another. I'd still endorse it partially. Your answers are good and hit some strong notes. 5 could use some expanding upon, but it hits the general point of what's expected. Solid +.75

Also, we're presently phasing out moderator position , so it might be encouraged to edit the title.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

So, I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't know much about you or your personality for a long time. I never really interacted with your IC, and you weren't on the discord so it was just two ships passing in the night. You are an incredibly active and helpful mentor forever though so it's always nice to have helpful mentors.

A few weeks ago, you started coming on the discord, and low and behold, you're actually a wonderful person and all of your responses are spot on. I'm more than happy to give a +1.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Decent guy. I appreciate their contributions here.
I don't think they'll be an issue. There's certain problematic things they've done in game that I took concern with but far as I know it's all stopped (although I haven't checked their notes in a long time). Might be good.

.. That said your answers to the questions are lackluster.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Last I checked the moderator role is being phased out due to a lack of ability and purpose. I don't think I'd regret it if I were to support you becoming a trial admin though.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Closed at the request of Seris.