[KeRSe] Admin application

KeRSe

[KeRSe] Admin application

Post by KeRSe »

BYOND ckey: kerse
Character name: Dan-Neposh/Zareck-Wyrhd.
Discord username (+user id): Draconic Overlord#5689.
How long have you played on Citadel?: One year, going on two.
How long have you played SS13?: One year, going on two.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Timezone: Eastern Standard Time. General hours of activity: Usually around 4pm.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: N/A.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Derkuleen.
Reason for application: Mainly so that the server doesn't get swarmed with garbage players, partially for the >play_global command, partially for the hell of it, partially for the fun of it.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would calmly tell them to take the discussion elsewhere, if that doesn't work, admin PM both the players individually to take it elsewhere, if that still isn't enough, I'll mute OOC for until the dust hopefully settles, or about five to ten minutes.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Let another admin handle it, possibly even deadmin themselves if they feel it necessary.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It would have to depend on the situations context. If its something major, but the player is new, I would say to remind said player of the rules, possibly via linking the rules page to them. If said players note history is extensive, I would consult other admins via Asay or discord if I happen to be the only admin online. I would do the same for a small offence, with leniency dependant on note history.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If other admins are online, I feel it would be acceptable to deadmin AFTER consulting with the other active admins. If no other admins are online I don't feel like it'd be the best idea to deadmin without pinging other admins to come online in order to fill in for you.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Act professional, do the best you can to stay humble, work with other staff members, and do the best you can to keep the game fun.

Nethaufer

Re: [KeRSe] Admin application

Post by Nethaufer »

Pretty solid answers through and through. From what I recall from you back when I played on main (really need to fix that) you had a level head and weren't prone to outbursts. You have a plus 1 from me.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

Its been a while since I was actually excited for an admin applications and even longer since some one contacted me directly for support. I gladly support KeRSe. They’re a pretty good player and as far as I can tell quite levelheaded. They’ve a good sense of humor and best I can tell good nature which are all things I consider important to being an admin as well as preventing fatigue as one. I hope this application doesn’t sit too long so we can welcome to the team bud, +1 😊

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Despite your pressure and issues regarding chaplain clockwork religion, you've not shown to have any big outbursts of issues or anything that makes me question your judgment too much. We've not interacted too much besides a few noticeable times. But, I've not seen you spouting anything, or seen anyone have any significant negative opinion of you. +.5 . THey've expressed a lot as of late that they have very few reasons to stay here. So I'm not super sure if they'll have the passion to be active as an admin when they have very little reason to be active as a player as of late. If given the chance ot make a difference in the server changes their desire to be here, then I fully endorse it. But, I don't want us to hire someone who's already mostly out the door. They're god folks just burnt out which is understandable. Being an admin is an exhausting experience, and I'd rather not have someone wind up fully leaving the community because of it. (I'm also typing a lot of this while I'm about to pass out so a little rambly)

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Answers to the questions seem fine, except maybe for 4) where in general admins have to / should deadmin if they are antags / command / sec / AI, otherwise all good.
Didn't really have any negative interactions with them ingame / ooc, so a +1 from me if they still want it.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'm doing my due diligence and responding to these applications. Your name rings a bell, and the bell isn't a bad nor a good one, so I'm not really sure where I stand in regards to your application. Your responses are so short they give me nothing of your personality, and who you are. I'm neither for nor against your application at the moment.

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

In my personal opinion, I don't believe you're the right fit for admin. You don't get into trouble which is good of course. Your reasons for applying don't really give me confidence. As Avarice mentioned the answers are a bit short, but being concise isn't necessarily a bad thing. My limited interactions with you in-game and in the discord have been fairly neutral. I'm going to err on the side of caution and -1 this until I can get a better grasp of your disposition.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'm gonna have to agree with Nico on this one for now. I personally dont think your answers are enough to get a solid gauge on how you would behave in an administrative setting, and I cant really get behind your reason for wanting to apply. I also cant recall seeing you on server anytime recently. For now, I'm going to be denying your application, feel free to apply again if the interest is still there.