[PlumeOfSmoke] RP Admin Application

PlumeOfSmoke

[PlumeOfSmoke] RP Admin Application

Post by PlumeOfSmoke »

BYOND ckey: PlumeOfSmoke
Character name: Ar'rhan Tynjik aka that one guy nobody knows who married Rejiih Khazan, Antonio "The Pepperoni" Hij'nar or Tony to his friends, Namkah Hij'nar (twice removed cousin of Antonio), and many many more!
Discord username (+user id): Plume of Smoke#3097
How long have you played on Citadel?: About a year now.
How long have you played SS13?: About 4 years now.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Western US, later afternoon/evening.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: A G-mod server and several discords.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A (this is soon to change obviously)
Reason for application:
I for one enjoy donating my time towards administration duties. I take great pride in my time put into Citadel and hope to give back to the community every which way I possibly can. I've played mostly RP and from my time there with it's staff like Avarice, Zelda, Rufus, nicc, and mouse. I've gained a massive amount of character IRL and in game while also improving my skills on this codebase (thanks to admins like Rufus). For a while I've been debating if I should apply for a position with administrative duties and well, now I think I'm ready. I'm mature (obviously a lot will disagree with this due to the previous iteration of this but, hear if you heard me out and allowed me to explain you'd understand the reasoning), I've chilled out, I'm easy to talk to, and I'm very blunt when the time calls. I've got my own opinions on issues the administration team should tackle more so and I'm stubborn when it comes to upholding what is morally right and will try and defend the little man while also respecting justice and rules. I'd say I'd be fairly consistent when enforcing said rules due to my experience in other places. The staff of citadel should represent a broad spectrum of different players who have different backgrounds and experiences. What I believe makes me special is my way of speaking and set of ideas which challenge others to think above the base level.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
First I'd attempt to settle them down in the channel they are in or stop the conversation outright before I'd take them each aside to figure out what the issues are. I'd really try and work out the problems and get them to be amicable towards one another or at the least done with the drama. Overall I believe it can be agreed OOC drama really doesn't have a place in a 2D Spess Gayme so it should be handled quickly and efficiently. In reality though we know these sort of things a lot of the time can't be dealt with this easily so I'd push them to the forums if they have any further problems or if it went unresolved. That's the proper place for it to be dealt with if nothing can be settled with a few nice words and calming everyone down.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
They should step back from the administrative duty and allow someone else not involved who won't favor them in the context to handle it. If they were to intervene I would say only extreme cases that include really just intervening if it's not between characters and are more so things happened to one person due to bugs or some problem they are just experiencing from a purely mechanics based perspective.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Refer to the guidelines over at the punishment policy on the rules page. If there are any special considerations to take into account that a normal player like me doesn't know I'd take into account those as well when considering punishment. Getting each side you can as well as logs from all involved players is a pretty good way to ensure a punishment is justified or if a stricter one is needed. Checking notes or getting words from other admins online is also an amazingly easy way to check on if this is a repeated offense or if it's just a one time mistake/deal. At the end of the day if you feel like you don't know what to do referring and getting a word from other admins is always a good call.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they are the only admin online this is a tricky question, they should make an attempt to handle the game and abstain from important roles which they may be pulled away from or call in some other admins. However, if you aren't the only admin on when playing command, AI, security, or antag roles you should de-ad yourself so that way you don't accidentally pull yourself a metagame. This can apply to a few other things and honestly I believe can go to just everything if an admin feels like they cannot roleplay properly if they get subtle hints at what is happening in the shift around them.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Teamwork, teamwork makes the dream work baby. You know, there is no I in team. Unless you spell it tiim. Then it is. But that's beside the point, administration REALLY needs to work as a team. When you work together there ain't nothing that can stop you other than large misunderstandings or disagreements between staff. Together administrating Citadel becomes a lot easier as a team. Other than that I'd say as an admin you need to be an example of what someone should be in the community. Now, even though I wouldn't say some of my actions are what I'd call a 'shining example' of the community, I also am just a guy who plays a Tajara so I try not to take myself overly seriously unless the time calls for it. I'd say I am pretty good at that when needed. I have said the gamer word every once in a while and make jabs at certain things. I joke around, but in order to be open to criticism and not be hurt by it I think you need to know how to do that. Other than that, as an admin you should always be civil and nice anyone and everyone, even if they are quite literally disrespecting you at each turn.

Final Remarks: All in all, I really am pretty sure this will just rejected and denied due to it's previous iteration which would be fair, but I would like to ask that y'all try to examine me by the reasons for which I did so as stated prior and not take it as a jab at yourselves personally.
Last edited by PlumeOfSmoke on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

deathride58

Re: [PlumeOfSmoke] Retired Staff Application

Post by deathride58 »

what the fuck

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Very funny application, but unfortunately we are not accepting retired staff at the moment. This thread will be locked and denied in twenty four hours. Don't make another application like this again, the staff application board is an important one - we'd like to keep it meme free for the most part - any further applications like this will result in a ban.

Edit: Given the massive overhaul the application underwent. I'm going to keep it open for further admin discussion/comments.

PlumeOfSmoke

Post by PlumeOfSmoke »

AvaricePleonexia wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 am
- we'd like to keep it meme free for the most part - any further applications like this will result in a ban.
Taken into consideration, edited, and now meme free, for the most part.

kevinz000

Re: [PlumeOfSmoke] RP Admin Application

Post by kevinz000 »

i was pretty upset at the shitpost but you're decent in game so i can say that
i have no clue what you are like oocly for those of you reading this though

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Really good player who is deeply devoted to cat lore. I'd say to give them another chance on their application here simply cause they're not a sperg poop-head. They've got a good head on their shoulders for the most part.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hey there. Thank you for applying, but due to lack of activity on the server as of late, I'm going to have to deny your application. If your interest in playing/adminning on Citadel returns, feel free to apply again.