[Artur_lang] Maintainer Application

Artur

[Artur_lang] Maintainer Application

Post by Artur »

Experience with Github: I know git bash fairly well to use it but not extremely indepth, as i use mainly gitkraken for advanced git trickery, though its not always enough, so ive had to get somewhat decentish with git bash. I have only really done PRs on citadel, for maybe half a year now, and yeah, there arent that many but a good few are fairly hefty.

Experience with BYOND: I got into coding as I wanted to learn how to get some QOL features from another codebase, figured out it wasnt as hard as I had thought initially, and then it had all gone up from there. Really, I think the reason it wasnt so hard for me since I way before even trying to code, read through a lot of PRs, since i was interested what was coming, and the code itself didnt seem so complicated.

Experience with SS13: I have played enough of the game, that just doing the same jobs over and over isnt interesting to me, for four years now, and ive played a good bit of all the major servers. Through hard work Im actually really good at the game, not really much i dont actually know, though lately ive gotten a bit rusty as ive focused more on the coding side of things.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): Well, first I had joined citadel in its infancy, really when it didnt really have that many unique features, but I hadnt really played all that much then, though a long time after that, when i was looking for a place to really play for a good bit, yogstation, tg, vg and such, i hadnt really found a server i really liked, until i stumbled across citadel long after the first time, which allowed me to not have to worry about the panic bunker, and ive really been playing on here ever since, probably for a year now

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: Well, for one, i was reccomended to do this, and second, I think i know how to deal with things well enough that I could be of use, helping to deal with issues and with the many many ignored PRs, while also bringing fun and interesting things such as bloodsuckers.

kevinz000

Re: [Artur_lang] Maintainer Application

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 did a lot of good things, takes feedback well enough, has a generally good sense of balance and design, i'd trust them to do this well.

Everything from the above is still true but bhijn makes a very good point. After some more complicated projects I'd love to see you on the team. Everything else still applies, you're still one of the people who handle things better even if most of it is just ports.

Dapnee

Post by Dapnee »

Complete dork, also another player I can ping about issues? Very good. +1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

@jay
@maintainers

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

We already have a lot of maintainers as-is. Your relatively low PR count and high number of ports from other codebases is cause for concern as well, as there's not enough material to actually judge your raw code quality, which is the primary thing we're looking for in maintainers. I'm unable to find any examples of complex code written by you (re: not a port from another codebase), which means I don't have any confidence that you'll be able to do review passes of optimization PRs, rework PRs, and other cases where code quality is an absolute must.

Code more/10

Artur

Post by Artur »

Sounds fair, honestly. You can close the app if you want.

Dapnee

Post by Dapnee »

Alrighty, closing this. Feel free to re-apply when you're ready.