[Colbster4646] Main Admin Application

Post by Adelphos »

BYOND ckey: Colbster4646
Character name: Gronkowski Zilet
Discord username (+user id): Adelphon#6072
How long have you played on Citadel?: 4 years
How long have you played SS13?: 4 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 4:00pm-11:00pm EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Starbound RP servers, notably Galaxy Citizen, Rebound, and Eden Fall.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A

Reason for application: I make this application because I would like to think that I am experienced with this community, and would faithfully believe that throughout my time here I have managed to stay in touch with many of the members. With that said I believe that I have worked to better the community overall while also acknowledging my wrongs with the best interest of bettering them as well as the people dedicated to this server.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depending on the altercation I would work to mediate. Assure in every way possible to keep a rational and calm dialogue, and would act with the best intent of carrying out respect while still assuring that the most appropriate outcome is reached for the betterment of both people.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Step back from the situation and allow another admin to mediate the scenario, recognizing that I should not be above another player simply because of my status. I would continue to show respect and defend my point while still working to acknowledge and understand the opposing point.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The best possible way to punish a player, in the most convenient scenario, is not at all. However I understand that people can be unruly and outright childish at times acting in there own best interest, and I want it to be known that I'm not afraid to punish people. Of course however, before doing any of this I believe it is best to consult the other admins and generate an overall consensus with the available information given.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Whenever directly interacting in the round with a role that could be considered integral to the shift or form a bias within the shift(examples being anything besides assistant or roles similar to it.)

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Personally, I expect the best. Not the hardest work, or the strictest effort, but the best intentions. I value being relaxed and avoiding a corporate environment while at the same time acting with respect and value for my fellow members of this fine community.

HazelBailey

Re: [Colbster4646] Main Admin Application

Post by HazelBailey »

You have a ton of notes with a very recent headban on your account. For that reason alone I do not support this application.

Adelphos

Post by Adelphos »

HazelBailey wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:07 pm
You have a ton of notes with a very recent headban on your account. For that reason alone I do not support this application.
Hazel, I have exactly thirteen notes with even a lick of legitimacy to them and this is over a span of four years. To my knowledge according to Derkuleen my recent headban was only determined by an unstated group of admins because of said notes which I reitterate, have little to no genuine leverage, and I have simply chose not to appeal the majority of them because I was informed that they carry little to no weight, however from my recent week-long headban and your response I am beginning to question this.

Adelphos

Post by Adelphos »

Furthermore after having a quick discussion with Derkuleen I've been informed the main reason for said headban was due to a suspicion of metagaming between I and Joker Amari, while I am adamant that this has never happened nor would I ever condone it, it is now no longer a concern on account of them being banned out of there own decision. Derk also stated that the secondary reason was on account of me having "Multiple cases of over lenient decision making and instances of problematic head of staff behavior." Which I have been adamantly working towards stomping out since before the ban was applied, and would personally believe I had improved on fluently since I began.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Hmmmm.. I'm really conflicted on this one. You, as a player, usually are either really great, or sometimes kind of meh. You show some great behaviour, but sometimes also kind of bad ones. Bit of generalisation, but can't really pinpoint it too well because of the amount of variation you show. So, kind of neutral to this as of now. Would need to watch you more actively for quite a while to make up a more concrete decision.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Thank you for applying. After some consideration, I'm going to be declining your application due to lack of support. Feel free to apply again in the future if you wish.