[Xyverious] Main Admin Application

Xyverious

[Xyverious] Main Admin Application

Post by Xyverious »

BYOND ckey: Duboris
Character name: Xyverious, Mephistopheles, Neina, Demosna Nafeltheid, Dai, Aranea Sisikit, Horemheb, Faustus, Nadagalashti (Help me.)
Discord username (+user id):Mr. Xygrid#5084
How long have you played on Citadel?: I have played on Citadel for just over three months.
How long have you played SS13?: I have played SS13 for over 8 years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT-5, and I am often available from 4 PM to 4 AM consistently throughout the entire week.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Not even a little bit.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I've been an Admin on a couple of other games. I've been an Admin for a Ragnarok Online private server. I've ran a college club for DnD and Pathfinder and mass-coordinated games for that, and kept everyone rather well-off. SCP Secret laboratory I've been an admin for 2 different servers.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Derkuleen seems keen on the idea.
Reason for application: Citadel's a dam good server. Or at least it can be. Right now there's this giant divide, rules all over the fucking place, group after group of metafriends, and a whole lot of other utter garbage. I wanna be a Game Admin because I want Citadel to be fun, and interesting, and far less toxic. Can I fix that in one day? Nah, not a chance, probably not even in the year. I hear complaints, I hear ahelps, I talk to a whole bunch of people, yet a bunch of people I've met in the last 3 months have gotten so frustrated and upset that they've left and washed their hands of the place, and that's apparently something people are okay with. Fortunately I'm want, and I want people to stick around, and so I wanna be an admin to increase retention and fix a whole world of problems.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
- I don't care what people are doing out of game as long as they don't bring that mentality into the game and ruin a shift or other's shifts with it. If they start being pretentious or problematic in discord, tell them to take it to PM's to sort it out. If it's in OOC, mute OOC if it gets too out of hand. Ignoring them isn't a good idea either so keep track and log the argument so you have both sides.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
- If you're an admin and someone bwoinks you for something, you are morally obligated to not handle that ahelp personally, since you're part of it. Unless, of course, the bwoink is absolutely preposterous and so straightforward that is just needs a curt, simple explanation, following a ticket close. Apart from that, yeah, don't handle your own bwoinks when you're the one that's been bwoinked. In fact, while we're at it, don't get bwoinked as an Admin.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
- Well, step one, know what rules they actually broke. Step 2, evaluate them as a person. Was it an accident? Are they being particularly toxic and running off at the mouth for your original decree? It depends person to person, but ultimately you just need to figure out what exactly happened, what they did, who else might've been involved, etc. Other times, an assistant smashes two bags of holding together on the space shuttle as a non-antag and it's cut and dry. I like to think not everyone's intentionally full-blown malicious, but that's not always the case.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
- Are you playing a role that's critical to the shift, or demands constant communication whilst also being an important necessity? De-admin. Are you an assistant laying down on a couch because greenshift? Feel free.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
- I'm gonna be real honest for a second here, I don't actually know the answer to this, because I quite honestly don't know what I expect from them anymore. Things that should be bwoinked aren't, and then someone who gets loaned the Captain Saber in the last 5 minutes gets bwoinked even though the captain Cryo'd and handed the HoP all of his stuff. If I get to be a Game Admin, I'd want people to expect me to focus on stuff that actually mattered, answer ahelps instead of seeking out people to ahelp personally, and ultimately be consistent and vocal about the rules.

Now roast me.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Xyverious] Main Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Xyv is good noodle. Your answers to the questions are great, and you were one of the people I distinctly remember from my time on Main (when I played there for a wee bit). You have my support!

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I very, very, strongly support this app. Xyv has great ideas, wants people to have fun, strongly acts in the Spirit of mrp/hrp, and doesn't take bullshit. He's exactly what we need in an admin and would make a phenomenal addition to the admin team. Just dont ask him to identify colours.

+1

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Post by CygnusB »

I've only known Xyverious for less than a month but they've proven to be a nice person. As Derk mentioned, they put some actual effort in encouraging a MRP scenario, and aside from that I believe they're capable to handle administrative situations.
+1.

Edit: About your answer on 2., remember being 'bwoinked' doesn't mean you're in trouble. Half of the adminhelps I do are to gather information not provided by logs usually, such as intent, personal side of the story or reasoning.
And otherwise I disagree a bit, if you're an administrator and playing, you're a player nonetheless and you *should* be bwoinked.
To put an example, when I thought I was good enough to make MKUltra as a chemist, someone left the windoor open, and my fuckup resulted in me gassing half the station in gasseous MKUltra. (Fuck that banbait chemical tbh)
I got 'bwoinked' to see if it was intentional (obviously it wasn't), and told to be more careful with fermi reactions, along with a note to keep track of those kinda issues.
'least that's my take on it.

kooshy

Post by kooshy »

very good crew I confirm.

I've seen him in-game and over voice chat a lot, he definitely knows the game mechanics and what I really like about him, he decides purely on logic and sets aside emotional feelings, that'd make him an ideal admin, however, he also talked about some possible issues in server and hoping to fix them, which he added it'd take time but still possible.

Bitte give medal mercii +1

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Hm, this is a pretty old app that kind of... just stranded here since february and I myself was too lazy to comment beforehand to which I apologise. Either way, didn't have any particularely bad encounters with you, you seem pretty alright as a person, so, if you were still applying and more active, this would have my support. Issue is, you kind of aren't really playing on the serb anymore as of now, so guess I'll have to kinda be -0.5 for now because of no recent activity, but this'd have my full support if you decided to return to cit / become an active player again.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

Well I know them from Skyrats, they are good staff material if they still want to join the team, good noodle overall so he gets a +1 from me

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

This application has since been denied. Thank you for applying, regardless.