[Cataclysmanic] RP Admin Application

Cataclysmanic

[Cataclysmanic] RP Admin Application

Post by Cataclysmanic »

BYOND ckey: Cataclysmanic
Character name: Dean Fitzgerald
Discord username (+user id): Cataclysmanic#1414
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since May 20th 2019 (Almost a year)
How long have you played SS13?: On and off for two years now. Getting into it more so since I joined Citadel.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC- 05:00 (EST) I'm most active around 4PM EST to 12AM EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None Applicable
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Back when I was in military camp, i taught the younger units proper firearm handling and usage. Aside from that, not much administrative experience.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Reason for application: I've been on this station for a while. I personally have been caught up in a few altercations with another player OOCly, and it sucks, it really does. But there was always an admin there to help remedy the situation. For that, I am thankful. I feel like my experiences on this server can help me give back to both the Admins, and the players themselves. I want to make this server an even safer environment, where people can just let loose, and have fun, without fear of being ridiculed or attacked as a result.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would approach the matter unbiased, and with a level head. I would firstly ask that the OOC issue be brought out of the public to a DM if they cannot come to an understanding. I would ask the two who did what went wrong, and how I can help. If it was a less than serious matter, and just a petty argument, I'd suggest that they both take some time to calm down. If it was a more serious issue I.E a player seeking to instigate arguments, or hunting down a player just to make their gameplay miserable, I'd ask a second admin to help me look into it, get both sides of the story, and punish as needed.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
I would tell the other player that I am calling for an admin, after which, I would ask a second admin to come and act as a third party in the situation. It pays to have an unbiased power in the situation. If no admins are present, I would notify the player that they would have an easier time reaching one through the discord server.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The admin should take a long look at both the severity of the situation at hand, and any past rule-breaking or other issues caused by the player. If the issue at the time was minor, and the player is known to be relatively cooperative, and not a troublemaker, I would let them off with a warning. On more serious issues like repeat offenses, self-antagonizing, or constant OOC hostility, then suspension or banning would be considered, but not jumped to until the situation is fully understood.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
When playing as a character in the round. Though, an admin should ONLY take part in the round as a character when there is an ample supply of admins to handle any altercations.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Admins are expected to maintain the peace, and to always go into a situation with a calm attitude, an unbiased opinion, and with a level head. Admins are expected to remain compassionate, and to treat everyone on this server with respect, disciplining only when needed.

MrJWhit

Re: [Cataclysmanic] RP Admin Application

Post by MrJWhit »

This is mostly an RP decision, but I just want to say that, if you do become staff, stuff like this is this is not acceptable any more:
https://i.imgur.com/W6lLyh6.png
https://i.imgur.com/VmeRZdJ.png

Randomly causing rifts between Main and RP because you prefer one play style over the other is childish and can be actively harmful to the community as a whole.

Cataclysmanic

Post by Cataclysmanic »

MrJWhit wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:12 am
This is mostly an RP decision, but I just want to say that, if you do become staff, stuff like this is this is not acceptable any more:
https://i.imgur.com/W6lLyh6.png
https://i.imgur.com/VmeRZdJ.png

Randomly causing rifts between Main and RP because you prefer one play style over the other is childish and can be actively harmful to the community as a whole.
Those were meant to be jokes, but I see now that they were in really bad taste. It was very childish and uncalled for. I apologise for that. It won't happen in the future.
Last edited by Cataclysmanic on Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

ya ok

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

+1 from me, Dean is a good Cookie as far as I can see.

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

E.

+1

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Lo siento, but no from me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

changing my vote to abstain due to recent events, goodluck though

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

My vote will be moving to abstain too, and as such we'll probably be moving this to denied for the time being. However I feel you could make admin material later down the road if you keep up the behavior you've had lately. Best of luck to ya mate!