[SpessInquisitor] RP admin position.

SpessInquisitor

[SpessInquisitor] RP admin position.

Post by SpessInquisitor »

BYOND ckey: SpessInquisitor
Character name: Krickichee
Discord username (+user id): Sentre#3048
How long have you played on Citadel?: Around two or three years.
How long have you played SS13?: Four or five years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CDT (GMT-5), from 6pm-4am
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Game Assistant for Skyrats. Had limited moderation powers on Sojourn.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Nethaufer, Nicc, Enzo Leon, Avarice, Zeldazackman
Reason for application: I've spent a long time, as above, playing on Cit, despite my initial reluctance to so long ago. Since then, I've found out that Citadel's a pretty cool place. I've been able to play in a way that's remarkably different from other servers I've played on. And, I'd like to contribute in a way beyond writing lore for the place, which I'm still willing to do.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Keep the two players seperated from each other, and talk to each player individually to get a clear idea of what the underlying issue is. An admin should ask what's been going on OOC between the two, to try and find a root cause for the altercation.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
A second admin being brought in could provide an unbiased assessment of the situation, or to provide ideas where one might not have any. If no other admins are on the server, an admin should ping one over Discord, or multiple via the CitRP discord commands.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
An admin should compare the situation to the server's rules, questioning the severity, intent, and outcome of the situation. Then, an appropriate punishment should be put in place. It's usually safe to go a little bit easier on first-time offenders, or in situations where the accused was completely ignorant. However, repeat offenders, or trolls, or others of the like, should be treated accordingly.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If there are other admins online, an admin should de-admin when playing their character, unless admin powers are part of the character's gimmick or abilities, such as an event character in an admin-spawned event. However, when playing a normal round, as previously stated, an admin should de-admin.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
That they be impartial, and willing to keep the peace, and ensure that rounds stay problem-free, and at least somewhat interesting.

Nik707

Re: [SpessInquisitor] RP admin position.

Post by Nik707 »

Welcome aboard. I'd say like +1 or whatever but certain admin apps are just destined to be accepted, only a matter of time.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Yeehaw, this application has my support. Can't believe it took you this long to make an admin app smh

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Aye you've got my nod of support cloaca von spicy purple huffer

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

E.

(That means +1)

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Yeah, my name is on there. +1 from me.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

I've seen nothing but good from Krick. I also love seeing you around. +1 from me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

hey yo this guy is based + 1

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

This is my second +1 (it effectively means nothing i g but I was asked to put this here because fun)

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Would be good fit. Yaya. +1