[sishen1542] maintainer application

sishen

[sishen1542] maintainer application

Post by sishen »

Experience with Github: I pr super good on my cintiq. I know enough to tutor others in git use.

Experience with BYOND: I've been on Byond for more than 8 years now, been developing on and off for the majority of the time. Early years were just typical sprite replacements.

Experience with SS13: Ditto, SS13 has been the only thing I've played on BYOND. Started on tg back in 2012 and moved to Cit early last year.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): I play main almost exclusively and would say my static is pretty well known and respected. I pride myself on knowing everything in the game and being able to share the wonders with other people.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: As stated, I've been playing ss13 for over 8 years now so I feel I've got a pretty good grasp on game balance. I understand how busy the other maintainers are (life comes before video games, after all) but seeing new features and improvements just sit to the wayside is painful for players who are looking for new experiences.

100+ PRs. Been on hiatus but I've been playing regularly for the past two weeks, covid has given me not much else to do.
People keep asking me to apply (again) so, why not.

Previous endorsement from current headmin.

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Re: [sishen1542] maintainer application

Post by CygnusB »

pretty chill dude
you have my support

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Haven't really noticed you on main, but maybe that's a good thing.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

i'm not staff so my opinion doesn't matter but i'd support this, lolman, and a teakettle maintainer app for the record

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

if they made more prs this would have my support. they are decent at knowing what's going to be good/fun for the game, tbh, but we still need activity and proof that you are able to handle this.