[lolman36o] - Maintainer Application

Lolman360

[lolman36o] - Maintainer Application

Post by Lolman360 »

Experience with Github: Solid. I know how to do most of the general things (prs, branches, resolving conflicts etc) and enough to teach other people how to do things.

Experience with BYOND: Byond is basically the only language I know how to actually use. Reasonable all-around knowledge, however I've mostly been doing feature/port PRs instead of fixes/refactors as of late (rp's sorely in need of more than a few). I have a few PRs on RP but most of the things I've done are on main.

Experience with SS13: Started on /tg/ Terry back in 2017. Mostly played there and Polaris until mid-2018, where I moved to Cit. Been around ever since, except for a six-month period from early 2019-mid 2019 due to burnout. Started coding later 2018, and have been doing so ever since.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): Started on citmain/citRP in 2018, played Main until I burnt out then switched to RP. Took a break in 2019, started RP again in August, started playing main just a few months ago. Started coding mid-late 2018.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?:
I was waiting until I'd finished my latest feature PR on main so I could do a tool_behavior refactor on RP before I applied, but Nicc retiring has left the RP-exclusive maintainer spot open. While I'm not actually exclusive to RP, I play on RP more than Main nowadays. Kev also thinks I'd make a maintainer, alongside a few other players (teak/nameko). I plan on taking on some of the stuff that really needs to be done on RP (fully implementing DCS, isTool() to TOOL_BEHAVIOR with flags, asset cache/tgui) after blacksmithing gets fullmerged.

Enzo_Leon

Re: [lolman36o] - Maintainer Application

Post by Enzo_Leon »

+1

You help out both the main and RP server for PRs and updates. We need a maintainer that is able to help with both servers since we lost Nicc less than a week ago.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

yeah alright +1

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

I was asked by Kev to throw in my two cents and so the only real thing i can say is that the only for mof interaction i've seen from you is you trying to get a rise out of me and generally acting as unsavory as one could possibly act. I don't even interact with you, or acknowledge your attempts, and you still try and harass me. So. I can't really offer much support to someone who goes so out of their way to act like a dick to people.

Hard -1.

moltoretardo

Post by moltoretardo »

Not an admin so my opinion doesn’t matter but I have the same opinion as Redtail
:woozy_face:

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'm going to say no. You're too abrasive for my liking and have been openly toxic to other people on the server. That kind of behavior is telling of your lack of a team oriented mindset, and seems to demonstrate a lack of empathy to some degree.

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Moving my +1 to a -1 after new information came to light of actions treated between other staff.

The admin and maintainer team is still a community of people, and if we can't get along with each other then it's only going to cause more problems for the server as a whole.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

I have quietly and passively observed interactions for some time now and I am going to be giving this a very hardlined -1

We on staff have our strengths and weaknesses and we are a unit that works hand in hand as a team.
Unfortunatly It is a team I do not think you should be a part of due to abrasive actions, attitude and demonstrated mentality.