untitled reapplication

Izzy

Re: untitled reapplication

Post by Izzy »

I'm kinda left in the dark here. I don't understand what "previously mentioned concerns" you mean that I haven't already addressed, or the "problematic attitude". If there's anything I can elaborate on to ease some concerns that no one's telling me about, I'd be extremely happy to.

Vincent Airin

Post by Vincent Airin »

Been seeing a lot of condescension towards staff in general and getting the vibe of; "You all suck, I'll run this ship better." from ya. I don't know what that attitude is stemming from but, if you're not going to get along with the rest of the team already then coming back to staffing with them is not going to end well with any party involved. Unless you're wanting to start fights and drama. Gonna vote no on this. -1

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

That's not at all what I'm trying to do here. I don't want to take over or run anything, I just want to help where I think help is needed right now. Yes I've seen stuff that I don't think is kosher, for example the thing in the community manager chat channel, but like in that example I have zero bad opinion about the people involved - in fact quite the opposite.
Like you, I don't know what the vibe is stemming from either, because it's not coming from me. I'm seriously spooked because this seems to be a consensus among admins that no one has brought up with me until this thread.
C'mon, have I been the person to start fights in my over two years of prior adminship? Have I not put forward so much of my own time to help get people on board and up to speed on good admin practices? I seriously don't know where all this negativity is coming from.

Vincent Airin

Post by Vincent Airin »

There has been, on a few occasions this winter, times in which you've presented yourself as wholly condescending towards current staff of the server. Remarking in chatter channels with comments on how poorly the team is working, how bad something has been handled and on quite a few of them you follow up on how you can do better if back in charge. Three days ago in main chat being the most recent.
To say this hasn't bred animosity with most of the team would be an outright lie. As such it has caused quite a fair few to question why you might want to become staff again.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I really am not trying to angle my criticisms as something I "can do better if back in charge". I don't even think I was wording it that way, and I can't repeat enough that I'm not trying to become "in charge".
Even what I believe you're referencing as the "three days ago in main chat" was a ten message chat between me and Chase about the status of this forum post - the main criticisms of the staff in that discussion weren't even made by me.
I honestly urge you guys to talk to me if you have these concerns. I've tried bringing up mine to no avail. If like you say a fair few people are questioning why I want to become staff again, please ask!

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

I can attest that you weren't bad at all as an admin at first, but as time progressed it seemed that you grew burnt out well before being ushered in as headmin, which only accelerated the burnout and were trying to force yourself to headmin up until there was a point that you couldn't and had to resign due to IRL situations, but before then there were quite a number of interactions that seemed to grow heated with even casual things to the point of deleting admin messages in admin chat becoming a thing.

Past that however there have been noted cases of just... general passive aggressive hostility demonstrated towards current and previous staff as witnessed in the discord that doesn't instill confidence, as well as towards other players for reasons that I really can't follow since the first day that you came back onto the discord and even after holding the community manager role.

That being said I can say that you are a very intelligent person when it comes to putting your mind at something that interests you, even with the side project of the AI that when given previously interactions for input throws together a somewhat passable output for amusing erpmeme shitposts being a prime example of such which I think is pretty neat

I don't harbor any ill will towards you and would much rather not have things taken as a personal matter, just again given previous history seen as a third party and interactions from even this week doesn't make me feel good about this.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I've been putting off responding to this application because I wanted to take time to assess my initial impressions. I'm aware of your previous work in, and contributions, to the Citadel Administration. I will say that the general sense that you take a condescending attitude with the current Staff is pretty widespread, and something I share. You say that you don't want to seem like you're saying "I can do better when I'm in charge", but you've made jokes a couple times in the recent past about applying directly for Headmin, or Host. Beyond that was your continuous teasing that you might launch this application for Staff. When CM positions were being handed out, I'm pretty sure I remember you joking about trying to turn it into a position of higher authority. Not to mention the fact that as soon as you found out the CM role had zero administrative power or oversight, you immediately voiced a desire to jump ship and go for EM or Staff. Your time in the CM position has been far from satisfactory. Even now, with no other RP Community Managers but you present in the role, we've had zero polls, zero collations of data, zero interfacing with the community, etc. Your utter lack of commitment or execution in the role does not make me inclined to think you'll contribute any more energy to the Admin team.
The general vibe of condescension, the naked attempt to gather some power or status - even as you're claiming you aren't doing it and it's all kidding around, and my concerns with your current performance as a CM paired with Staff impressions that as an Admin you burned out quickly don't give me much confidence regarding your return. It's currently a -1 from me.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

you have been condescending to people currently in position- which would be your colleagues now.
You have made comments about how you can run the show better if you were in charge- which is disrespectful to all of us who are trying our damndest to make this place better, and every headmin we have.
You have made comments leading me to believe you are interested in executing a selfish power-grab in a 2d spaceman game.
I will absolutely not stand beside a person like this on this staff team.

A very firm -1 from me.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

you're generally unpleasant due to a demonstrated lack of interpersonal skills. worrying behavior as a CM