Mario's Moderator Application

MarioTheShiba

Mario's Moderator Application

Post by MarioTheShiba »

BYOND ckey: MarioTheShiba
Character name: Angelo Mario/Mario/Sir Oswald
Discord username (+user id): TheMario#5985

Reason for application: After a good long while, of playing but also taking a break and coming back to Citadel RP, I've decided to make this here moderator application.
Hello! My name is Mario, but I'm sure most of the RP peeps know me by now. After a good bit of thinking and debating to myself, I've decided to apply for moderator just to extend a helping hand to both the other staff members that helped me give an amazing experience here on CitRP, but also to other players that might need my help in resolving issues and such.

I've had past administration experience on both other games and SS13, but sticking to SS13, I've been an event manager on a Brazilian server(with a language barrier), with pretty great success, but also helped track down some bugs in the past on CitRP, for example, the stacked Vox bases.

Whether I get accepted or not, I am still happy to play on CitRP, have an amazing time, and help make everyone's day a little bit better. Thank you so much for reading this.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? : Depending on the severity of the situation - I will try to de-escalate and calm both parties down before trying to get a story out of each of them. If the situation is direr than I presumed, I will contact a higher up for help.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? Assuming this is for moderators - I will make sure to try to contact a higher up.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? I won't punish anyone without the final say from a higher up.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? Is there even a "de-moderator" or "moderator"? -- Anyway, I will rarely use this verb(if any), unless I'm ghosted or I need to help with a certain thing(probably event wise).

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? Moderator wise - I should be expected to keep a keen eye on the players' attitudes, but also help an administrator if they need help with a certain case - It's always nice to have a second opinion.

Enzo_Leon

Re: Mario's Moderator Application

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Gonna just flat out lay it out here and give a hard -1 on this.

You been gone for a while, and only recently came back and before your departure you had a negative reputation with the player-base, and bits of the administration team as well. There is a layer of uncomfortable fog around the players you play and to an OOC extent with the discussion we had prior about going to people directly to their IMs/Discords or LOOC remarks that made said players uncomfortable.

I will need to see a literal 180 of your attitude and play style to even think of giving this a +1.

Cataclysmanic

Post by Cataclysmanic »

Just gonna give a flat no.

Forget the fact that you haven’t been here that long, to me, that means nothing. It’s more so the fact that your very presence creeps people out. The way you’ve harassed people in DMs and in OOC is absolutely unacceptable for an administrator. It sets a bad precedent, drives people off, and goes against all that an administrator is meant to be.

So no. I don’t think you should be an administrator. In all honesty, I don’t think I ever WILL approve of it.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

No from me too dog. Reason: See above. Cata and Enzo said everything I was gonna say.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

I've seen and heard everything I need to when it comes to this.
I'm with Dean and Enzo.

Aboslutely. Positively. Not.