Blooberri RP Admin Application

SalemiPizza

Blooberri RP Admin Application

Post by SalemiPizza »

BYOND ckey:Blooberri
Character name: Melody Schafer, Prax, Aerin Harris.
Discord username (+user id): Salem#4261
How long have you played on Citadel?: A bit less than two years.
How long have you played SS13?: Over two years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: It really just depends on my mood, i've been on as early as 10-11 A.M. Eastern Time, to as late as midnight.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Moderated a few discord servers and a twitch chat.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Nik707 (nicc#3604)
Reason for application: I want to contribute to the server in more than just playing it, and I think that i can do a good job in moderating and keeping peace between players.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I'd ask them both what the situation was, and I'd get both sides of the story. If needed, I'd ask anybody else if they could give some outside perspective on what had happened. After that, I'd try to help defuse the situation. If all else fails, I'd either ask another admin for help, or ask the players to take the argument somewhere private, like their dms. Personal arguments really shouldn't be vented in a public setting, especially one where most people will just feel awkward afterwards.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If i was in a situation that i was personally involved in, I'd let another admin handle looking over everything. I'd be biased and couldn't be fair in the situation, which would cloud my judgement.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
When I hand out a punishment, i prefer to go with a lighter punishment if i can tell whatever happened wasn't done with malice. In the case of genuinely being unsure as to what the punishment should be, i'd either ask another admin if possible, or refer to the rules.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
An admin should be going deadmin if they plan on participating in the round in character. This ensures that they wouldnt be able to gain any ooc knowledge and metagame.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
An admin should be fair and friendly to everyone. Making players scared or wary of admins/mods is a good way to drive off your player base, or make them want to get new admins to replace the ones that aren't allowing the player base to flourish.

(As a note, the edits made were simply me updating my answers to reflect some experience ive gained, and i also updated my characters to ones that are more recognizable now.)
Last edited by SalemiPizza on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nik707

Re: Blooberri RP Admin Application

Post by Nik707 »

+10 to 15

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

High quality roleplayer who I know cares about this server and the state of its operation. +1. I think they'd make a wonderful lore maintainer as well.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello,

+1, your application tells me that you seem to be able to handle yourself in this position.

-
Jay

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I could swear I commented on this already, but I must have forgotten to. It's an easy +1 from me.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

yeah you're alright

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Okay so I've thought about this longer and I'm gonna change my vote to a -1. This isn't a personal attack or decision, but I've noticed you seem to have some issues with being a bit too sensitive to what other people think to the point it actually puts you down, and being a staff member means taking quite a lot of that not only from players but other staff members who will sometimes say nothing for months until they finally just dump 15 pages of disagreements with you or how you handle things. I don't think this is a good idea for you.

SalemiPizza

Post by SalemiPizza »

yeah, I know I have issues with being sensitive. But, to that end, I've been working on myself mentally for the past few months, taking medicine, going on daily walks to get sunshine, etc. I wouldn't be applying if I didn't personally think I could handle it.

regardless, I appreciate the honesty. No hard feelings, and I do get your pov. Love ya Nick. <3

SalemiPizza

Post by SalemiPizza »

I appreciate all the +1s this has been given, but I'd like to retract my application and have it moved to declined, please. Thanks.