LiuJunior RP Admin App

LiuJr

LiuJunior RP Admin App

Post by LiuJr »

BYOND ckey: LiuJr
Character name: I play multiple, including Shische, Lywarra Nikolatz, Mhayra Zarazak and Anya Logue
Discord username (+user id): LiuJunior#1430
How long have you played on Citadel?: About... Two years I want to say? I did take a few months off.
How long have you played SS13?: Two years. Citadel is the first SS13 community I joined.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Generally active between 13:30 to 18:00 EST during weekdays, anytime during the weekend
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I have been an admin on two large TTT Servers on Garrys mod for a few years on each.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A / I havent asked around.
Reason for application: I wish to help and better the community, by assisting the playerbase and making sure that the rare troll player doesnt get to stay for too long. I would also like to have a deeper bond with the community as a whole than simply being one of the players here.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? Depending on the intensity of the altercation, Simply but firmly tell them to knock it off and take it to DMs if they really want to continue bickering, and then keep an eye on them and their convos to make sure they dont keep it up IC, LOOC or OOC.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Step away from any intervention themselves and ask for another admin to intervene. If impossible due to nobody else being available, document everything they and I do while trying to handle the situation in an unbiased way.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? It would depend on what rule was broken and how severe was it broken, and probably how many times did the player break the rules previously. Intent is also important. Was it something to cause trouble for others in the round or maybe its something that was necessary to help somehow? Were they given many chances already? How did they react to the initial messaging of the admin?

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? I am guessing that during an event ran by another staff member in which I participate would be a wise idea. Or when you play as any important role for the station, such as a head or security

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? A proper understanding of the rules and knowledge of how to apply them ingame and ensure the playerbase follows it, usually through a show of following themselves the rules. Any staff members of the community is expected to be welcoming to new members and offer help when needed. As for new staff members to adminning in ss13, they should be expected to be willing to learn and be attentive.

Auraknight

Re: LiuJunior RP Admin App

Post by Auraknight »

I didn't want to be the first one to respond to this app- not only because I view you as a friend and feel like it's favouring, but also because I'm not happy with my answer. Having played with you, and, indeed, considering you my friend, I would say you would probably be capable as an admin. However, every time I read this application, I get a feeling of hesitation. Something about it tilts me off of giving it a +1 outright- to the extent that I won't. I'm not going to let you continue languish with no responses at all, however, so I'm leaving this at a +.5; If I was asked without reading your application, I likely would have agreed outright that you could perform as an admin.

LiuJr

Post by LiuJr »

Auraknight wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:45 pm
I didn't want to be the first one to respond to this app- not only because I view you as a friend and feel like it's favouring, but also because I'm not happy with my answer. Having played with you, and, indeed, considering you my friend, I would say you would probably be capable as an admin. However, every time I read this application, I get a feeling of hesitation. Something about it tilts me off of giving it a +1 outright- to the extent that I won't. I'm not going to let you continue languish with no responses at all, however, so I'm leaving this at a +.5; If I was asked without reading your application, I likely would have agreed outright that you could perform as an admin.
Thank you for your honesty! I must admit that I've been feeling fairly uncertain about my own answers, but unsure as well as to what to add. As I have said in my app, I've never had any experience with admining any SS13 servers, nor have I really had any run ins with admins to really base myself off of to respond to the questions about how an admin should behave. I am more than happy to be taught and learn, as I've always done with something unknown to me.

LiuJr

Post by LiuJr »

I ask that my app be removed/moved to denied. I have decided that its a better idea that way.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Moved to Denied at user's request.