Trubus

Admin Application: Trubus

Post by Trubus »

BYOND ckey: Trubus
Character name: Trubus, Wolf O’Shaw, Kerr’ker Teq’ker
Discord username (+user id): wingedyordle
How long have you played on Citadel?: 11 months
How long have you played SS13?: May 2018
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Pacific Time/Mon-Fri 08:30 to 17:30
Previous SS13 related admin experience: No
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: No actual titles, but I have roles which monitor staff and coach them regarding how to treat customers and coworkers while working out their differences. Usually ends up with very little write up while having both parties happy
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Reason for application: I’ve enjoyed my time on RP, would really love to contribute to the server which is why I decided to make this application. The other reason is I noticed most admins are away or not online when I am online and I hope I could fill this hole by being here.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? I would step in by informing both players in OOC that they need to calm down and stop and advise them that if there is an issue to submit an ahelp in game or a ticket in Discord.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? From what I noticed, it seems what first needs to happen is to freeze the players to prevent any in game harm. I may ask another admin to help if one is available, otherwise I would speak to them both in ahelp.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? Depending on the rule broken I would first check notes for repeated offenders. If this is first offence, speak to the player while documenting this incident. It will most likely result in a warning unless this is a repeat offence, then I would speak with other admins for resolution for best course of action.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? Admin should only deadman themselves if the wish not to be bothered performing admin duties such as ahelp or resolving conflicts

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? To maintain friendly relationships with all players without picking favourites while making sure the server rules are not broken and keeping players safe from minors, players, and or disruptive people who wants to ruin the game.

Monara

Re: Admin Application: Trubus

Post by Monara »

Despite citadel having obvious inactive staffing issues (even if noone will admit it), activity times should not be the core of your value as an admin. Also, during my time as an admin there were many instances with you that raised discussions within staff chat of a QC ban on multiple occasions. This, on top of the type/quality of characters you still play make me think you're not the best fit to be upholding citadel's standards, even if you as a player have improved past the point of frequent staff conflicts. As an EM I don't think I can leave an official -1 on an admin application. This is just my input and experience for others to look in on and remember.
-Following Deathride's post, I'm stating my -1

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

I'm abstaining from discussion here myself, I'm just here to confirm that EMs are staff and thus are indeed eligible to give +1s/-1s on staff applications

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

I am pretty much as strongly -1 on this application as possible.
You've shown difficulty understanding/respecting other people's boundaries in game and that's not something we want anywhere near a staff role.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

Very strong -1. Reasons already stated above.

moony

Post by moony »

Strong -1 for reasons stated above.

DJKouta

Post by DJKouta »

deathride58 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:40 pm
I'm abstaining from discussion here myself, I'm just here to confirm that EMs are staff and thus are indeed eligible to give +1s/-1s on staff applications
Lovely, I get to toss my hat into the ring.
My interactions with your characters has been limited, but I have seen a good deal posted about, and more often than not for both it's been negative.
Both for reasons stated above, and behaviour revolving around character boundaries, my own included, giving this a -1.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

Difficulty respecting boundaries especially regarding sexual/mature content as expressed above. My interactions with Wolf O'Shaw early in the year were unpleasant to the point of avoidance.